what is typical growth for everyone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herne

Reaction score
Red twist tie is where it was yesturday at 830pm central time. Picture was 23hrs later. 6 7 in growth wow

tmp_14631-20150409_184723-720050914.jpg

Hopefully the OP isn't training bulls. They lengthen rapidly but often end up trashing themselves under their own weight...

Cheers!

LMAO, They make pills for that! Oh wait never mind your from Korea. Good job!

I enjoy self depreciating humor the most so I went with "5" as my metric. That said, I live in Korea but am not Korean; standard issue white bread here. :)

I enjoy self depreciating humor the most so I went with "5" as my metric. That said, I live in Korea but am not Korean; standard issue white bread here. :)

Is it hard to find brewing supplies in south korea?

Is it hard to find brewing supplies in south korea?

I don't want to derail the thread but since you asked ...

To answer your question, these days not really. You pay a premium for some stuff gear-wise but it's pretty reasonable since the FTA went into effect. Now it's only 65 per sack. 4 years again a bag of base grain was about 220 dollars. Our online homebrew store would go months without it too. I never bought grain because it was too expensive in my opinion so I only made beers with barley that I malted myself. I home malted well over 150kg in my day and did my best to make crystal malts and deal with 50% efficiency. Some beers were good, some bad but I learned a lot from the experience.

Korea makes a lot in terms of kitchen supplies so aluminum pots are MUCH cheaper here than in the US. I actually brought 2 home as one of my checked bags. Got some looks at the airport for sure but you gotta do what you have to do. Getting any sized C02 tank filled is 5 dollars for some reason so that's awesome too. Hops are easily imported so I do bulk from the US though you can get them shipped in a timely and economical fashion. Brewing here is now really easy if you just get a little bit creative. Space, mostly, limits a lot of people.

I don't want to derail the thread but since you asked ...

To answer your question, these days not really. You pay a premium for some stuff gear-wise but it's pretty reasonable since the FTA went into effect. Now it's only 65 per sack. 4 years again a bag of base grain was about 220 dollars. Our online homebrew store would go months without it too. I never bought grain because it was too expensive in my opinion so I only made beers with barley that I malted myself. I home malted well over 150kg in my day and did my best to make crystal malts and deal with 50% efficiency. Some beers were good, some bad but I learned a lot from the experience.

Korea makes a lot in terms of kitchen supplies so aluminum pots are MUCH cheaper here than in the US. I actually brought 2 home as one of my checked bags. Got some looks at the airport for sure but you gotta do what you have to do. Getting any sized C02 tank filled is 5 dollars for some reason so that's awesome too. Hops are easily imported so I do bulk from the US though you can get them shipped in a timely and economical fashion. Brewing here is now really easy if you just get a little bit creative. Space, mostly, limits a lot of people.
I think I've read some where that it was difficult to find brewing material out there. I've also malted my own grains and grown barely. I think it brought me closer to the whole process.

HaliFax Hops,

Good to know (APO). I'll pass that bit of info onto my military buddies.

Back