what is the most you have brewed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my personal best is 16.5 gallons in one day, later that week i did a 10.75 gallon batch, that was this past Christmas .. so 27.25 gallons in a week. Normally i brew once a month.

The big sankey kegs you are use to seeing are 1/2 barrel=15.5 gallons. So I'm assuming 46.5 gallons.

Last month I brewed 5.5 gallon batches back to back days. I need to do that more often...I usually only brew twice a month, which isn't enough for my liking.

A barrel as a unit of liquid measure is 31 gallons. 15.5 gallons times 2 equals 31 gallons or barrel. Anywho I've only ever did a 5 gallon batch at a time :'(

Was doing a DIPA and didn't want to waste all of that unused sugar, so I ran 10 gallons into my brew kettle and then ran 10 more into my HLT (all from one mash). The recirc time after I refilled the MLT gave me a solid offset between the boils so it worked out well, however, it was a bit taxing to keep all the timers going off straight...

10 gallons on my buddy's system. My wife and I couldn't ever drink more than a couple 5 gallon batches worth to make room in the pipeline for as much as I enjoy brewing. In fact now that I am buying malt/hops in bulk I am going to start doing small 1-3 gallon batches to teach myself some of the nuance in the different malts/hops.

Back