What is Everyone Drinking this Thanksgiving??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
squeekybobo said:
But it still beat out the Coors light and Bud light, right? :rockin:

Me, Green Flash West Coast IPA, and DFH 90 minute ipa. Probably follow it up with Firestone Walker Double Jack. I'm drowning my sorrows in bitterness, since I'm in CA for business over the holiday, and way from my family.

Coors light gives me heart burn and bud light reminds me of the lust fueled college house parties, the staggering home from the bar, the kegs and eggs before football games, the belligerent cowboy bars. Days long past. Long past.

I should write a book about it. "Good Times with Bad Beer."

The main reason I went with the Sam Adams was to have an extra long neck pryoff. Im short on bottles.

Just opened a growler of 21st. Amendments Bitter American, this is on of my favorite daily drinkers. I have only had it in a can to this point, yesterday I stopped @ Whole Foods and had my growler filled. There is something wrong with this beer, very little bittering hops profile and it has a antiseptic/numbing effect on the palate.

Just opened a growler of 21st. Amendments Bitter American, this is on of my favorite daily drinkers. I have only had it in a can to this point, yesterday I stopped @ Whole Foods and had my growler filled. There is something wrong with this beer, very little bittering hops profile and it has a antiseptic/numbing effect on the palate.

I've never heard of it. So is it a session beer? Like an American version of an English Bitter?

TNGabe said:
Oddly enough, my Southern Baptist preacher's wife mother in law buys the occasional 12 pack of Budweiser to pour down the toilet 'because the yeast will help the septic system.'

Shortly before or after my wife and I were married, by her father of course, we stopped by her parent's house and her mother was smashing a Bud bottle in her flower bed. I said 'Wow! Now I now why you don't drink, you get mean!' She didn't understand and told us the broken glass would keept the slugs out of her flowers.

That is hilarious.

Ugh. I found a sixer of sam adams summer beer in the in-laws fridge today. Had options of coors light, bud light, or that. Two months past the best buy date. Ass in bottle. Smelled like metallic boiled corn.

Mmmm, Corny goodness and half price. :ban:

I agree about the Coors and Bud. I keep a few in the fridge, they're good for shoving up a chicken's @$%. Of course, you have to use half a can, so the other half goes down the drain.

guitarist_713 said:
I'm bringing an Oktoberfest style lager, my Backyard Hop Wheat Lager with homegrown Centennials, and a Soriachi Ace dry hopped pale ale with me up to Fargo, ND to share with my father-in-law and brother-in-law

You can drive over to Morehead and find Brooklyn Brewery stuff at the liquor store I bet. They distribute to MN.

It was a rough day yesterday...I woke up at 630 to run a 10k before cooking for 10 people.

At the race they had southern tier IPA but when I got back I started in on a growler of founders breakfast stout, then it was some Pinot Gris followed by a turley Zinfandel tasting, 3 different geographies.

highgravitybacon said:
You can drive over to Morehead and find Brooklyn Brewery stuff at the liquor store I bet. They distribute to MN.

It's 15 degrees and the wind is freakin howling man! It was 60 degrees when we left central Illinois.

I've never heard of it. So is it a session beer? Like an American version of an English Bitter?

Revvy,

It is an American Pale Ale (Extra Pale Ale) as described by 21st Amendment. For my plate I have found this to be the best balanced "mass produced" session beer I have ever had. I'm a former regular consumer of SNPA and Dale's Pale Ale, but if available I will reach for the Bitter American every time.

The malt profile does lend itself to a English Bitter, IMO due to Golden Promise base malt. And the hops profile is more reflective of an APA, Warrior and Cascade in the boil and Simcoe and Centennial for the dry hops addition.

Until this year it was a seasonal offering but due to folks such as myself requests, they have decided to add it to there year round offering. Hopefully you can find it in the "Detroit-ish" area. If not shoot me a PM and I wiould be happy to help you out.

Latest posts

Back