What happened to PolarWare/BrewRite?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aonghus

Reaction score
I went to purchase another BrewRite by PolarWare from a vendor the other day and they told me they cannot sell anymore. I look around online and everyone seems to be out. On their website they say another company is handling distribution for them, but they appear to not be getting the product out there. I had to get a 20 gallon (instead of another 10 gallon Brew Rite). As I wanted a 20 gallon kettle as well for full boils, I was not too put out. However, I still want another PolarWare 10 gallon kettle. I may have to buy a MegaPot instead. Does anyone have any other info? The Brew Rite Kettles were really good.

80 qt BrewRite kettles are in stock at the wholesaler. Any homebrew shop with an LD Carlson account can order one for you.

You might want to take a look at the Pinch brand pots. http://www.foodservicewarehouse.com/pinch/sp-40/p1516030.aspx
My buddy has a 10 gal Brew Rite and he ordered (2) 25 gal Pinch pots and they look exactly the same as the Brew Rite. The Pinch pots were stamped with "Supera" on the bottom so you might look up that brand, too.

I have ordered one of these pots, to go along with the 80 quart Brew Rite I ordered earlier. These pots look quite good. Thanks.

You might want to take a look at the Pinch brand pots. http://www.foodservicewarehouse.com/pinch/sp-40/p1516030.aspx
My buddy has a 10 gal Brew Rite and he ordered (2) 25 gal Pinch pots and they look exactly the same as the Brew Rite. The Pinch pots were stamped with "Supera" on the bottom so you might look up that brand, too.

I just got the new kettle today, it looks decent. The only odd thing is where they peened the handles on, they riveted and then peened a through the kettle at the handles. I would not use this as a reason to downgrade the kettle though. The bottom is thick and the walls are about the same as the BrewRite. I should not be getting liquid up to the handle rivets in any case. I would recommend this kettle and have done so to my old teammate Debbie. She plans to order one or two on the morrow. Thanks again for the advice bud.

The BrewRite false bottom fits perfectly in the Supera. I also took a 2nd look at the BrewRite, both the 10 gallon and the 20 gallon and they also have some peening of the handle material visible from the inside of the kettle. I would almost say that the same factory is making both of these kettles. The Supera is significantly less expensive though.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back