What else is needed in an upgrade?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is how you end up with a "hops freezer" with 35-50 lbs of hops that you "Hope to get through".. You see you favorite hops on sale for ~$11.99/lb, and say to yourself "That's a great deal, I should order 2 or 3 to mitigate shipping". On that note, another "upgrade" that isn't super expensive is a vacuum sealer for re-packaging bulk hops.
I already have a vacuum sealer and a stand up freezer with space in it. The issue with that is the possibility of brewing more than I drink. My brother in law owns a bar and offered to open a tap for me, but thats a whole new can of worms.

I've been wondering where o order grain hops and yeast from, I dont mind the drive (road trip) but if I'm going im goingnto spend a lot. I just don't know how often I'm going to brew yet. Before I moved, I only had two cases of bottles and couldn't brew until they were empty. I dont know how many cases I have now, plus 7 kegs and a 4 tap keezer. (One tap and keg are devoted to water)
Ritebrew.com is in your geographic area. They have a $0.20 discount for grains if you order more than 10 lbs. They are quick to ship too when I have ordered from them.

Should you need any help with what is required to upgrade your panel, let me know. I have designed multiple variations of electric brew control panels. You can find them scattered throughout the "Electric Brewing" forum, or if you are looking for something specific, ask me and I'll send a copy if I have something similar.

Brew on :mug:
Im kinda half thinking about building a panel for my old 10 gallon brew pot. I'll have to look up some of your posts.

Going from extract to all grain, and I have all the big pieces I believe I need. What I don't know is what about the small things, like a mash paddle, ph meter, maybe a scale for hops or something. So let's hear it, what small bits of equipment will I need?
Two self priming pumps and counter flow chiller. Game changers. Though that might be for later down the road.

Back