What else do you put in your corny keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxiderush

Reaction score
I know that they have always held soda syrup, and obviously homebrew, but i want to know what to put in that last corny to the left. The one for the SWMBO, and all of our friends who arent beer drinkers. I was reading that one guy made margaritas, and had them going through a regular homebrew corny setup. how about jungle juice? Are there any problems with sending sticky margaritas through the taps? How could you make them non-carbonated without using 3 inches of bev line and a cobra head (picnic tap)

post up your ideas, recipes, or "drink beer or get out of my house" comments

I have used an extra cornie to carbonate a muscat wine, then I bottled it as a Sparkling Wine. It turned out fantastic and I am now doing a Pineapple wine the same way.

Never tried dispensing a wine from a tap, however it is done but you need a special faucet I believe.

Salute! :mug:

Lemonade?

The way to keep it uncarbed, keep the pressure off it when not in use. I do a keg of lemonade, leave it at 4lbs, takes 2 - 3 weeks before it starts to carb, by that time it's almost gone.

When not in use, just shut off the co2 and bleed the keg.

I have used an extra cornie to carbonate a muscat wine, then I bottled it as a Sparkling Wine. It turned out fantastic and I am now doing a Pineapple wine the same way.

Never tried dispensing a wine from a tap, however it is done but you need a special faucet I believe.

I don't think you need a special faucet, just use a plastic one, it's just cheaper.

We have the Chimes restaurant and tap room here in Baton Rouge. They soak blueberries, pineapples, strawberries, and a few other things in patron for a week, then they pour off the liquor and serve it on tap. It's completely uncarbed and DELICIOUS. I'm not sure how they keep them uncarbed but they have their margs, cosmos, and L.I. teas on tap uncarbed too.

I do use one for soda water, then run it through the soda system to mix it with the syrup. I want to try carbonating fruit, this also would not be served through the tap...

You are correct, if I use the picnic tap it is great. I was refering to a permenantly installed tap similar to my beer faucets. Plastic is the way to go though.

You want to use plastic faucets for actual wine do the to the acidity. I think the shank being plastic is more important. I think using a regular faucet would be fine. The wine doesn't sit in the faucet between pours.

It will carbonate somewhat at that PSI. I use 4PSI to push Apfelwine and other noncarbonated beverages.
+1 on low pressures for not carbing stuff. But -1 to not carbing apfelwein. That's my preferred way of drinking it at least.

+1 on carbing and serving apfelwein on tap.

I have also made margaritias in a corny for football game tailgates. Whatever is left (if any) is put in the kegerator on tap. Sure it carbonates a little, but a fizzy margarita is not to bad ;)

If you want a setup for serving mixed drinks on tap without carbing them, try using nitrogen to push it.

Wouldn't mixed drinks served via corney separate into soda and booze layers after sitting still for a while? I'd be worried about serving weak ass drinks at first culminating in throat scorchers at the end.

I like to ferment my Kimchi in there, ground fine of course. Have you ever had liquid kimchi on tap, talk about the bomb.

I know that they have always held soda syrup, and obviously homebrew, but i want to know what to put in that last corny to the left. The one for the SWMBO, and all of our friends who arent beer drinkers. I was reading that one guy made margaritas, and had them going through a regular homebrew corny setup. how about jungle juice? Are there any problems with sending sticky margaritas through the taps? How could you make them non-carbonated without using 3 inches of bev line and a cobra head (picnic tap)

post up your ideas, recipes, or "drink beer or get out of my house" comments

That is a fantastic idea, having a graduation party soon and it has been forever since I had jungle juice. Thanks

I fill my empties with gunpowder. They make great frircrackers. Also keeps mofo's from drinking my ****e!

If I have roommates again I will fill random kegs with cows blood and change the taps often. It makes one hell of a keg security system.

I fill my empties with gunpowder. They make great frircrackers. Also keeps mofo's from drinking my ****e!

If I have roommates again I will fill random kegs with cows blood and change the taps often. It makes one hell of a keg security system.

Why not just fill it with cow piss? Oh... then they'd think it was Bud. :drunk:

Wouldn't mixed drinks served via corney separate into soda and booze layers after sitting still for a while? I'd be worried about serving weak ass drinks at first culminating in throat scorchers at the end.

Honestly I don't know about this, as I have never had a mixed keg stand around more than a couple of days as they have been made for special occasions. I would think that mixing them very well in the first place would prevent "separation" since alcohol is miscible with water, and most "separation" issues are from improper mixing. IMHO...

Ah--- I was unaware of that. So if thoroughly blended together, most mixed drinks should form a solution, which would make them not separate.

My wife isn't a beer drinker (so my stash is safe!) But I promised her a tap, so to keep her happy, I'm looking at options
Has anyone tried bellini's (wine and peach juice)? I thought champagne wouldn't be needed because the wine would carbonate from the set up. I was thinking that or mango margarita (peach/mango juce and vodka).

Back