what does 5 gallons in a better bottle look like

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronwillen

Reaction score
my brew tonight came out quite short looking despite an accurate amount of water used.....and the gravity was about ten points too high....it was my first time using 5.2 and i did a decoction mash so who knows maybe my eff. really was like 88 percent. I ended up using the dilution calculator on beersmith and added about a gallon of water to dilute down a bit...as this was a wit which came out at 1.073. So the dilution came down to about 1.061 which is where i was aming. Anyhow....does anyone know if better bottles have any sort of gradation to estimate where 5 gallons is?

Anyhow....does anyone know if better bottles have any sort of gradation to estimate where 5 gallons is?

From the Better Bottle website. (6 gallon)

bb_6g_measure.jpg

I graduated my first one by filling it a half-gallon at a time, and marking it with a Sharpie. With subsequent ones, I just duplicated the markings.

Latest posts

Back