What do You do With Your Junk?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint Yeastwood

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Suddenly I have a big collection of kegs, measuring tools, hop bags, tanks, regulators, and assorted hardware. Where do I put it?

What do the rest of you do with the little stuff? I can build garage shelves for the big items.

200.gif

I have an old dresser (2 of them) that I keep tubing ,canes, O2 stone,ect. In the small top drawers markers carb tabs misc stuff. but the best one is the cabinet I mounted on the wall between the BK and my desk. It's the kind you put above a toilet so it's only around 6-8 inches deep and holds all my lab stuff and chemicals.
but I digress, the only thing keeping my brewery from ISO 9000 certification is no labels,as I know what everything is and where it gose.

I use one of those nice Craftsman tool carts you see all over Lowes. Lots of drawers and extra counter space. The bottom shelf hides all the flasks, PBW, co2, etc.

I have a workshop, and I solved the problem out there by buying tool chests until the mess disappeared. I'm not putting my brewing stuff that far from the house, though, and I don't want to fill the garage with hydrometers and unused regulators.

I guess it's time to get serious about building shelves.

I learned about Jamie Hyneman's welded shelves way too late. You can see them on Youtube. He put them together in a hurry with MIG. He talked about how cheap they were. Yeah, then China decided to fill its landscape with ghost cities no one will ever live in, and there went cheap steel. I hate to use wood where steel is better, but I don't know if I want to spend enough for steel.

i have a freebie box. whenever i sell something i dont need anymore (keg, regulator, co2 tank, etc) i tell them they're welcome to take anything they want.

goddamn thing is still nearly full.......

My garage is largely a brewery. Storage of bits and pieces includes a full height cabinet, a little plastic drawer unit, and a bevy of plastic take-out from Thai restaurants. Also, my old fridge (fermentation chamber below, adjuncts above)

Attachments

• IMG_20230127_092246086_PORTRAIT.jpg
    IMG_20230127_092246086_PORTRAIT.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230127_092213222_PORTRAIT.jpg
    IMG_20230127_092213222_PORTRAIT.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230127_092130523_PORTRAIT.jpg
    IMG_20230127_092130523_PORTRAIT.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230127_092105607_PORTRAIT.jpg
    IMG_20230127_092105607_PORTRAIT.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 0
Suddenly I have a big collection of kegs, measuring tools, hop bags, tanks, regulators, and assorted hardware. Where do I put it?

What do the rest of you do with the little stuff? I can build garage shelves for the big items.
1674842046152.png

and plastic bins sorted by "Mashing," "Boiling," "Fermenting" and "Bottling"

I do exactly as @BrewZer suggests... one of those wire shelving units and plastic storage bins of all sizes. I get the clear plastic bins (and label them) so I can see what is in them.

Back