What did Santa bring you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarleyDarling

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum, but I have been reading a lot for a few months.

I was really hoping Santa would bring me some cool stuff to help me in my path to brewing, but he didn't. I did get some pretty cool chef knives and a few beers I've never had, so I can't complain.

Did anyone get anything cool for Christmas?

My favorite gift was probably an enameled cast iron dutch oven, but my wife also gave me a number of art pieces for the walls of our home which we just moved into three months ago - some handmade stuff that is very nice.

My favorite sentimental gifts were framed photos of my children - the oldest's engagement photos and a professional shot of my youngest.

Husq and a 12" Hewing axe! wait, are they trying to tell me something?

husq and broad.jpg

5 gallon oak barrel...can't wait to use it. Just kicked a bourbon oaked brown that was very popular. Made that using oak cubes and Maker's Mark.

Some good books. Gift cards. Then the wife got me 6 nice beer glasses and a real nice start to a full sleeve tattoo for my daughter. Already got the boy's done. The wife did real good.

I got f*** all brewing related, and basically f*** all in general. Which is fine because outside of my niece and my parents, I got people f*** all too. Tired of that game. But the FIL likes to regift the crap he doesn't want and useless freebies he gets (done it that way for years so we knew it was coming), so a whole bunch of crap we don't want or need, and then besides that some other family members sent some cash my way. So probably hit the bottle shop with it.

I'll guiltily gloat the wife bought me a cider press. Stocking was stuffed with yeast nutrient, pectinase, brewing salts, paraffin grafting tape, and muslin bags. That's in addition to an Opinel gardening knife and Tonsmeire's book under the tree. Her and the son went above and beyond for sure. Her birthday is coming up in 2 weeks, so I'm scratching the head on how to come close to the delights I received. She definitely supports my hobbies despite the distraction from the home remodeling projects.

Two beer steins and a bottle of Tennessee Honey.

I haven't bought my gifts from friends yet. Yeah. See. We have this deal. We don't get each other anything, so we can spend what we would have spent on each other on ourselves. Our wives think we're jerks. We think it's brilliant.

Santa brought be an aha membership
With radical brewing book, $75 to the LHBS, assorted 6 of
Ipas and stouts, 4 pack of bourbon county stout black label and a bomber of the vanilla aged bourbon county, I think that's all then but can't remember off hand

Back