What did I mess up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shecky

Just an old guy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I finally got the kegerator built. I am in the process of moving beer to kegs and have hit a snag.

I got one into kegs. In hooking up the gas and pushing star-san through the lines on the first keg, I had no problem. In trying to do the same with the second, nothing doing and now even the first keg isn't dispensing anything.

I don't understand. I have a Taprite dual regulator (this one: 4) CO2 Beer Regulator, Dual Body, Three Gauge, Taprite Brand) with a 4-way manifold. The gas is on to 30 psi, all the requisite valves are open. I checked the kegs for leaks previously and found none.

Advice? Help?

I would say you're out of gas but your regulator is reading 30....

Hook it up and pull the hatch off of your keg. Open the valve and see if you can hear the gas rushing.

Just so I understand- you were pushing star-san through a keg, and it worked fine. Now, you tried do do the second and nothing. Then back to the first, and nothing?

Dumb question number 1- how much gas do you have? Do you hear the gas flowing?

Dumb question number 2- you have the gray quick disconnects hooked to the "in" posts?

Dumb question number 3- when you pull the pressure relief valve, does gas come out?

Just so I understand- you were pushing star-san through a keg, and it worked fine. Now, you tried do do the second and nothing. Then back to the first, and nothing?

Dumb question number 1- how much gas do you have? Do you hear the gas flowing?

Dumb question number 2- you have the gray quick disconnects hooked to the "in" posts?

Dumb question number 3- when you pull the pressure relief valve, does gas come out?
Full tank, but I don't really hear it flowing.

Disconnects are correctly attached.

A little on the first keg. Nothing on the second. I've checked and rechecked all connections.:confused:

I knew it had to be something like that. Between my tank, my shutoff, and my check valves, I've done the same.

Still you should have known. Forty lashes!!!!! :D

:off: I didn't think you actually brewed... (Ducks)

Forget it. Found the problem. Somehow I shut off the valve at the source.

Duh.

Bring on the flogging. I can take it. :D

No flogging. But, to show how smart we all are, we all knew it was a problem with the gas source. :D

I guess dumb question # 1 should be changed to read: Is the gas turned on?

In all seriousness, kegging is soooooooo friggin' cool. You're gonna love it. You'll never go back.

Oh, yeah- I agree. I just reach over and have a glass of beer whenever I feel like it. No bottles to deal with, and I can easily take a growler or two when I go to a friend's.

Also, my friends don't "mind" homebrew, but they don't get the yeast sediment- they want to have sediment free beer. Now they do.

I Love kegging.

I knew it had to be something like that. Between my tank, my shutoff, and my check valves, I've done the same.

Still you should have known. Forty lashes!!!!! :D

:off: I didn't think you actually brewed... (Ducks)

Yeah, there's lots to keep track of there. And hardy har har. :p

No flogging. But, to show how smart we all are, we all knew it was a problem with the gas source. :D

I guess dumb question # 1 should be changed to read: Is the gas turned on?
Why do you think I ran here first? Even with one of my more moronic questions ever.

You guys rock. :rockin:

Back