What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got enough cucumbers at one time to put together a jar of pickles...fermenting on the counter. And a jar of jalapenos, anaheims, onions, carrots, a big garlic clove, and mango, also fermenting...going to try to make some hot sauce. But not TOO hot.

IMG_20160725_083716294.jpg

Never got anything posted last night because the newly revamped air conditioner is still not working correctly. Huff. My kids actually did come over though, and I did the Pascal Manale's Barbeque Shrimp that I have planned for the night before.

Started with Jalapeno Boudin as a starter with a really nice Belgium sour while the shrimp were in the marinade, then served with filet mignon and giant baked potatoes. This shrimp recipe is just amazing :)

P.S. The table under the Boudin is the Chili's table my daughter got me for father's day that I turned into a coffee table on the patio!

Boudin.jpg

Pascal Manae's Shrimp Marinadel.jpg

Filet and Shrimp.jpg

Matt those ferments look perfect.
Yeastie nice knife skills, what is that.

I made my first garden Ratatouille of the year had to just throw the pepper on top, only tomato eggplant and pepper. Preferred tomato paste onion and garlic on the bottom level but used organic pasta sauce. Drizzled with canola (out of evoo, embarrassed to say). Also first attempt at pasta mom bought me atlas for bday yay. Be kind. It's so good, i just came up with the idea to combine the two.

View attachment 1469494369989.jpg

View attachment 1469494381787.jpg

View attachment 1469494398834.jpg

View attachment 1469494411284.jpg

View attachment 1469494422796.jpg

To late to be cooking, but I am. I needed the break! Two invalid parents and a temporarily invalid wife after her hip surgery, my three dogs and a spare dog that belongs to my son in law, you can imagine the chores I have in addition to my fairly high pressure job! Lol

Making a baked ziti recipe tonight that I have not tried, but just reading it tells me it can't be anything but great! This is the sauce, sautéed onions, garlic, San Mariano tomatoes, basil, oregano, onion powder, etc.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1469672308.964644.jpg

Good cigar, local craft beer, thunderstorm toying with us but no rain, what's not to love!

Chicken tacos last night. Wife cooked it since I was running an errand.

Chunked chicken cooked in chicken taco spice pack, some hard shells, some refried beans and cheese. That's it.

I made some guac when I got home. Didn't have much for ingredients so I just diced up an avacado and mixed in some salsa the wife bought and added some jalapenos to give a bit of heat.

And a light lager homebrew.

Chicken tacos last night. Wife cooked it since I was running an errand.

Chunked chicken cooked in chicken taco spice pack, some hard shells, some refried beans and cheese. That's it.

I made some guac when I got home. Didn't have much for ingredients so I just diced up an avacado and mixed in some salsa the wife bought and added some jalapenos to give a bit of heat.

And a light lager homebrew.

We had tacos too! Used ground turkey as usual, cant tell the difference with beef. My daughter could eat tacos every day!

To late to be cooking, but I am. I needed the break! Two invalid parents and a temporarily invalid wife after her hip surgery, my three dogs and a spare dog that belongs to my son in law, you can imagine the chores I have in addition to my fairly high pressure job! Lol

Making a baked ziti recipe tonight that I have not tried, but just reading it tells me it can't be anything but great! This is the sauce, sautéed onions, garlic, San Mariano tomatoes, basil, oregano, onion powder, etc.

Good cigar, local craft beer, thunderstorm toying with us but no rain, what's not to love!

:eek: Holy cow, have you got YOUR hands full - wow. Hope things calm down for you soon - maybe a little sandblasting would be therapeutic? :)

:eek: Holy cow, have you got YOUR hands full - wow. Hope things calm down for you soon - maybe a little sandblasting would be therapeutic? :)

Thanks for the kind thoughts. Wife is progressing, and spare dog is gone. I will miss her being here though! Lol. He was in college when he found her as a puppy and she spent about her first 3 months living here with us and our dogs, so she fits right in and she is really sweet. Only real issue with her is she sheds. My three are all golden doodles and they do not! Lol

Guess what's for dinner tonight? Yep, leftover baked Ziti!! [emoji1]

View attachment 363876

Best wishes to you, sounds like you need it!

Thanks chef. It's not as bad as it sounds. I was just ragged out and am tonight too. But damn the Ziti was awesome last night and again tonight! Lol

Hi, been out for a bit. Just wanted to brag a little. I have been eating eggs, chickens, ducks, geese, and turkeys, raised here on my farm for the past year. I have a black belly sheep lamb fixing to join the freezer in two weeks. I have missed discussing meals and cooking with you all.

Ate some raw tuna. Because I was too lazy to cook it. :eek:

It was frozen and thawed, and marked sushi grade. It actually tasted really good! Just a little bit of salt and pepper....

(If you don't hear from me in a few days, send help... :) )

Hi, been out for a bit. Just wanted to brag a little. I have been eating eggs, chickens, ducks, geese, and turkeys, raised here on my farm for the past year. I have a black belly sheep lamb fixing to join the freezer in two weeks. I have missed discussing meals and cooking with you all.

How nice to see your post! I think of you often and wonder how you're doing, you lucky dawg. I'm officially very very jealous! :)

Ate some raw tuna. Because I was too lazy to cook it. :eek:

It was frozen and thawed, and marked sushi grade. It actually tasted really good! Just a little bit of salt and pepper....

(If you don't hear from me in a few days, send help... :) )

:off:

Save it for the What Didn't I Cook This Weekend thread.

Shrimp, you can see some on the third from the right, they were tasty but as usual a little tweaking and they will be even better.

Do you cut the shrimp in half (basically, right at the vein)? I've found that doing that makes a big difference with wrapping those spring rolls...

Back