What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg1_zps8puz9pyw.jpg

It is going to be a freezing weekend up here in New England. I'm glad I made a giant pot of turkey soup! :mug:

Ive never cooked the whole fish but after my recent vacation I was inspired. Made some stuffing out of bread, onion, garlic, lemon zest, dill, cherry tomatoes, and some fire roasted mini peppers and stuffed it in these rainbow trout I picked up today. Very tasty meal.

That looks good. I just put two whole golden trout in the oven about 5 minutes ago. Along with some roasted asparagas and quinoa pilaf.

Had friends over and did some buffalo roasted cauliflower, veggies with a fresh cucumber, dill & feta dip; Fritos with salsa/sour cream dip.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1455330498.800138.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1455330511.884349.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1455330547.887798.jpg

Then made personal pizzas to order for everyone. Mine was Italian sausage, sopressata, pepperoni and banana peppers. So good but eating at nine is going to cause problems later I think.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1455330721.848705.jpg

Was going to do a blackberry cobbler for dessert, but got to late and ate chocolate instead. So the cobbler will probably happen tomorrow.

Got some ribs in the smoker as we speak. Havent really made ribs before (except ABs version in the oven which came out as a fail), so I am using the 3-2-1 method. Ive got some homemade BBQ sauce ready to go, including one I make with ghost chilies... mmmm Pics to follow later

Nice lookin' bark! And we used to make cobbler like that with dew berries in PA. The hillside behind the house was covered with'em! The geese & ducks used to nest on the hill in diagonal lines. Musta liked the berries?

Starting a fairly simple Valentine's dinner. Bought some assorted mini tarts and chocolate covered big strawberries. Vegan crabcakes from Whole Foods for SWMBO, Ribeyes, broccoli, Caesar salad. Oh, and salt-covered baked potatoes. And there's some purchased wings and Lo Mein for the kids, if needed.

IMG_20160214_172622851.jpg

IMG_20160214_172633206.jpg

None of these pictures are loading for me (app & web). Have you any idea how teasing this thread is when you can't see what's causing the "mmmm's"? [emoji37]

They're moving the site to the new platform. so some things aren't working, like my profile pic & some other things in the forums listings.

I INTENDED to take pics of last night's Valentine's dinner but completely forgot the moment I took the rack of lamb out of the oven! Anyway, sorry, no pics - but it was Dijon/Rosemary/Pecan-crusted rack of lamb, cooked rare, baked sweet potato, artichokes with melted butter, cherry pie for dessert - and a nice bottle of Gloria Ferrer blanc de noirs sparkling wine.

Used the last spaghetti squash from the garden, leftover chicken tomatoes, onions, garlic, a couple types of cheese and probably a few things I forgot, made up on the fly. View attachment 337860
Happy,View attachment 337861

Oh, heck yes! We always do spaghetti squash with rosemary, bacon & caramelized onion. Kinda gets boring after a while, but SWMBO loves it.

I INTENDED to take pics of last night's Valentine's dinner but completely forgot the moment I took the rack of lamb out of the oven! Anyway, sorry, no pics - but it was Dijon/Rosemary/Pecan-crusted rack of lamb, cooked rare, baked sweet potato, artichokes with melted butter, cherry pie for dessert - and a nice bottle of Gloria Ferrer blanc de noirs sparkling wine.

Sure it was!! Lol. Sounds awesome. Well done.

Back