what can i do with this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

memustbefree

Reaction score
Calling all brewers, I got some grains awile back but cant remember what i was going to brew with them so i need some help with a recipe.

8.8lbs munich malt
4.4lbs pilsner malt
0.44 cara malt
and have some goldings leaf and saaz pellets hops i can use

any ides? it might have been a dunkel i had in mind:cross:

Calling all brewers, I got some grains awile back but cant remember what i was going to brew with them so i need some help with a recipe.

8.8lbs munich malt
4.4lbs pilsner malt
0.44 cara malt
and have some goldings leaf and saaz pellets hops i can use

any ides? it might have been a dunkel i had in mind:cross:

I am not sure what it would be style wise, but you could use all the pilsner, all the cara and about #1 of the munich and do a small batch, mash low with a step up at the end, lean towards the saaz and you could have something ok. I guess.

It wouldn't hurt to add pale malt or more pilsner, ie more base malts as Fartinmartin suggest

It does seem like you were thinking dunkel or O-fest.

It wouldn't hurt to add pale malt or more pilsner, ie more base malts as Fartinmartin suggest

Munich is a base malt, in the sense that it can convert itself and be used for 100% of the grist as in a munich dunkel.

Munich is a base malt, in the sense that it can convert itself and be used for 100% of the grist as in a munich dunkel.

agreed that it has sufficient diastatic power.

Perhaps I need to try a munich dunkel, but i find munich very strong and from experience wouldn't use it as a base malt.....

but you have me thinking now

thanks all for the input.
think i do a 5 gallon oktoberfest and use the
4,8oz cara
2lbs pilsner
8lbs munich
1oz saaz at 60, 30 and 0 min
:mug:

Back