What can I do with these ingredients....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craigw10

Reaction score
As I am expecting some supplies for Xmas I dont want to splash out on anything too much before then but have the following ingredients left over from a couple of previous brews. Can anyone give me a recipe using this stuff? I am fairly new to this and have only followed recipes rather than trying to invent my own so any advice would be welcome.

I have plenty of pearl malt grain. Three kilos which is about 100 ounces. I have plenty of Hallertaeur, Summit and East Kent Goldings hops and a couple of ale yeast sachets.

What size batches are you doing? 3 Kg of base malt in a 5 gallon (~19 L) batch won't get you much more than a 1.035 gravity, and around 1.055 in a 1 gallon (~3.75 L) batch. Its a big difference and opens up various styles to know that.

Assuming a 5 gallon batch as standard, you could do an English Ordinary Bitter around 1.035 with 30 ibu in E.K.G. at 28g 60, 14g 15, 14g 5 and 14g dry hop a few days. Would be a bit light in color but a 90 minute boil will get some color.

Back