What beer brewing item do you hoard?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh, ingredients. This thread is actually kind of scared me a little at first - looking at my inventory spreadsheet, I've got 17+ pounds of hops on hand, (yet still want more variety) and 200+ lbs of grain. But then I take a deep breath and remember that 10-12 lbs of those hops came from a moving sale, and like 70lbs of specialty malts came from that same moving sale. So, I guess that's what I hoard, but I've been trying to make up for it by brewing gobs of DIPAs that are hopped at 1lb/5gal or more. Now I've blown through basically all the interesting American flavor/aroma hops the guy had (besides Citra, still have like 20oz of that) and need to figure out what to do with a whole bunch of English and softer NZ hops.

Bottles but I bottle right now and can have anywhere from 2-4 beers bottled at anytime and that's about 2+ cases per batch plus I always do about 6 bombers per batch so I need a lot of bottles.
37.gif
59.gif

I am just curious what beer brewing items (brewing equipment, ingredients, beer storage equipment) you might be hoarding just not quite ready to give them up.

I hoard corny kegs (have about 50);
CO2 tanks (two 5#, three 20#, 1 50#);
and yeast (about 50 packs, S-04 and Notty)
Oh, and hops (10 pounds Cascade, 10 pounds Columbus)
and malt extract (100 pounds Pale)
and specialty grains (100 pounds assorted)

...and tubing, Oetiker clamps, 1/4" flare fittings, keg o-rings, sodium percarbonate, sodium metasilicate, and beer, of course.

Last edited:
You guys make me sick.....with jealousy! I'd LOVE to hoard kegs, base malt and some hops, but my current budget just doesn't allow any brewing extras.

Since I started slanting yeast, I hoard the heck out of yeast. 3 vials each of 3068, 1007, 002, 1028, 1214, and 3711 is about to join the party. I check the bargain bin at the LHBS for expired yeast because, heck, I can put old yeast on a slant and bring it back to life.

This week I got a starter going from a 6-month old slant of 3068. Each step was rocking in less than 24 hours. I pitched it at about 10 this morning and already have quite a bit of activity.

Or re-think the use of the space we have. Mine's approaching critical mass...I hope when it blows, it takes out this ****** spammer!:mad:

Grain - I have at least 300 pounds of two row in stock right now.

And at least five pounds of hops..

If I'm guilty of hoarding anything related to homebrewing, I have more crimp on crown bottle caps than I know what to do with right now. :eek:

The spammer with the squares, .com's lols, etc yesterday morning, rather early at that. He hit introductions this morning.

I didn't see anything in the thread; I thought you were getting at me for my light hearted comment ------- I couldn't undersand why.

Why grain, hops, and yeast of course! At any given time I have 5lbs various hops, a dozen or more yeast packs of different varieties, and 250lbs grain...

Latest posts

Back