What are you drinking...right now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moylan's Hopsickle Imperial Ale. Bigger than their Double IPA. IBU's are ??? but at 9.2% ABV its gotta approach 100. :rockin:

Hopsickle Imperial Ale
In Celebration of the Hop...
This is a "Hop" tribute, worthy of a
King's Imperial Court! Enjoy the
blast of fresh Tomahawk, Cascade
and Centennial Hops as they
stimulate the taste buds in a truly
Imperial Fashion. Pucker Up!

Brendon J. Moylan
James Costa

You'll have to wait till next year, but if you find a bottle grab it.

i'm on a major role waiting on my first home brew. here's what i have sampled in the last 10 days. had some help from friends too...

Hobgoblin Dark English Ale
Pyramid Hefe Weizen
Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale
Grolsch Lager
Samuel Smith Taddy Porter
Whitbread Pale Ale
Sapporo
Paulaner Salvator Double Bock
Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout
Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier
Harp Lager
Samuel Smith Winter Welcome Ale
Chimay
Yanjing Ale
Stella Artois
Peroni
Murphy's Irish Red
Mackeson XXX Triple Stout
Michael Shea's Amber
New Belgium Sunshine Wheat
Morland Old Speckled Hen
Birra Moretti
Pilsner Urquell
Samuel Smith Pale Ale
Bitburger Premium
Samuel Adams Brown Ale
Samuel Adams Black Lager
Youngs Double Chocolate Stout
Monty Pythons Holy Ail Ale
Samuel Adams Hefeweizen
Paulaner Premium Pilsner
Weihenstephaner Malt Liquor
Shiner Bock
Killians Irish Red
Sierra Nevada Stout
Sierra Nevada Wheat
Celis Raspberry
Rogue Dead Guy Ale
Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale
New Belgium Skinny Dip
Negra Modelo
Abita Purple Haze
Bridgeport IPA
New Belgium Blue Paddle
Pyramid Aricot Weizen
Anchor Porter
New Belgium Fat Tire
Paulaner Hefe Weizen
JW Dundee's Honey Brown Ale
Youngs Double Oatmeal Stout

benn taking notes, so i can decide what kind of brews i want to attempt :ban:

Bandaid Vienna. No Seriously it's a Vienna style I brewed with Nottingham, but as I posted a few days ago, it was made with bad yeast and is loaded with odd phenolics. Not really a bandaid taste, just a slight element of it and many others. It's getting better though, but even a slight bit of phenol's is bad with a vienna since there are no hops after the last 30 min addition.

OPTIMATOR imporetd from Munchen.... Have you all ever had it??? its avaliable in the states all over in my town..Good GOD I love this beer...my quest for the perfect beer is over.... now my quest for BREWING the perfect beer. This could take a while. But what a jurney to be on!
JJ

G. Cretin said:
Sho is. What did you think of the pyramid hefe? I hated it.
:mad:

thanks G. Cretin... i will order one of those Sunshine Wheat kits in the future.

the pyramid hefe was ok, but it was my least favortie here so far...

2 for 2 with Fuller's. The ESB was awesome when we did BOTW... (whatever happened to that?) But damn this London Porter is OMG good.... Thick and malty and the color is amazing... Only weak thing is the head, but that's my glass I'm sure... (friggin dishwasher...) It's a nice end to my day that's for damn sure...

Ize

I have a pewter talnkard of Directors bitter kept impeccably by my local landlord it slides down almost as easly as Horndean Special Brew.

Probably the last Tuscan Paradise Pale Ale on the planet.... Gadamn I hated to see that brewery close I FKN Loved there brown beer. and it was local!!!
JJ

i am drinking the **** out of Grolsch in the 16 oz flip top bottles in anticpation of bottling 10 gallons on Saturday... :mug:

37 bottles down, 15 to go b4 Saturday... :cross: :tank:

still won't have enough to do all my bottling, but that won't stop me from buying out my 3rd beer store... :rockin:

BrewProject said:
i am drinking the **** out of Grolsch in the 16 oz flip top bottles
Thank God I can stomach the stuff - I think it arrives fairly fresh locally, as it doesn't have much of that "skunked" flavor. I'm currently alternating between Grolsch 16 ouncers and some wheat beer I brewed from a kit (the wheat beer kicks my ass! - the yeast worked hard on that one!).

Yuri_Rage said:
and some wheat beer I brewed from a kit (the wheat beer kicks my ass! - the yeast worked hard on that one!).

that's cool, my wheat beer came in at a low 3.5% ABV

i am hoping the cherry puree i put in the secondary is gonna bump it up...:rockin:

I picked up a sixer of Sierra Nevade summer wheat, and that new seasonal from New Belgium...Skinny Dip.

Fizzy water & packing the RV. Hop Madness this afternoon & the HoV picnic Sunday. Taking some Bent Rod Rye.

natty lite & bud lite.... sorry i had too the beer lines need to be cleaned and the tap is sticking. shame on me !:(

The last few days I was working down in Carlsbad, CA not far from the Stone Brewery, so I decided to give my growler a fill up. I'm now drinking Stone's Oaked Smoked Porter. While there I also tried their Chipotle Smoked Porter and French Oaked Pale Ale. All good stuff. I might be back on Monday to see if there's anything left from the 10th Aniversary bash they're having.

i've done a bunch today...

guinness stout, homebrew cherry wheat, homebrew pumpkin ale (a winner), weistephaner original premium, blue moon pumpkin, zeigenbock, miller lite (sorry), miller ultra amber (sorry again), youngs oatmeal stout, samuel smiths oatmeal stout, pyramid apricot hefe (here's to you Exo :mug:) and samuel adams oktoberfest

:tank: gotta love saturday night :mug: :ban:

Back