What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Liberty Ale clone.

Thank you!

I've been roughing in my Fall brewing schedule this week and I have BRY-97 slotted in as my primary N. American Ale yeast, I haven't brewed Liberty Ale in a long, long time.

Thanks for reminding me! I have two really nice bags of Cascades in the freezer. This should be an outstanding batch.

Your post was equally timely and appreciated. :)

HB lime blonde. Should drop clear in a hurry. I primed the keg w sugar and may have overdone it. Had to bleed some pressure off.
A782ABBC-6E4D-4DC1-B424-9A26678044AB.jpeg

Thank you!

I've been roughing in my Fall brewing schedule this week and I have BRY-97 slotted in as my primary N. American Ale yeast, I haven't brewed Liberty Ale in a long, long time.

Thanks for reminding me! I have two really nice bags of Cascades in the freezer. This should be an outstanding batch.

Your post was equally timely and appreciated. :)
I cannot get Liberty Ale consistently where I live, but previously, it was always in my fridge. Something as simple as 2-row and cascades, yet as good as any complex beer.

It's also gorgeous!

You likely didn't get it, having lived there for about four months. But there *are* seasons, some pass in a week, others take more time. The high desert is breathtaking, but you need to approach it on its terms. Once you do, it's amazing. But just as subtle.

Buy a telescope and a few books on geology. You'll never be bored.

*Never* go chuckar hunting. Ever.
We're watching a lot of videos about Nevada park land, etc. Can't wait to take this guy to some nice dark sky's!

HB Simcoe PA, very last pour

PXL_20220723_005044702.MP.jpg

Last edited:
I want an R2D2 beer thingy. What tis it man?? ❤️ 😍
Ha! It's a Celestron 11in schmidt cassegrain Go-To telescope. I've had it show cased here several times over the years. Summer months are viewing low times and no planets out at this time though.

Meant to pour a mead, but got the Dubbel.

PXL_20220723_012616471.PORTRAIT.jpg

I cannot get Liberty Ale consistently where I live, but previously, it was always in my fridge. Something as simple as 2-row and cascades, yet as good as any complex beer.

I agree. The more I brew, the more simple my recipes become. Knowing your ingredients, really, really, really knowing them, and really knowing your water and processes is what it's about.

Scads o' hops and a high gravity will easily make a good beer. It takes a bit more than that to make a great beer.

Bitburger Pils. This might be more acceptable to the peanut gallery here assembled than the Hamm’s I posted earlier. But, the Hamm’s is $4.99 a six pack, Bitburger is $9.99 a four pack. That would make it 3X more expensive, per can. Is the Bitburger 3X the beer the Hamm’s is? Maybe .3X. Maybe.
6DD8C12D-D16C-4F3A-A580-34B4CDE0918B.jpeg

I agree. The more I brew, the more simple my recipes become. Knowing your ingredients, really, really, really knowing them, and really knowing your water and processes is what it's about.

Scads o' hops and a high gravity will easily make a good beer. It takes a bit more than that to make a great beer.
Agreed. Been brewing a lot of single hop beers lately. Enjoy brewing SMaSH recipes.

Ha! It's a Celestron 11in schmidt cassegrain Go-To telescope. I've had it show cased here several times over the years. Summer months are viewing low times and no planets out at this time though.

Meant to pour a mead, but got the Dubbel.

View attachment 775763
That's awesome! And I thought I was a sky nerd. I also want to be adopted.

It's also gorgeous!

You likely didn't get it, having lived there for about four months. But there *are* seasons, some pass in a week, others take more time. The high desert is breathtaking, but you need to approach it on its terms. Once you do, it's amazing. But just as subtle.

Buy a telescope and a few books on geology. You'll never be bored.

*Never* go chuckar hunting. Ever.
I live in Northern Nevada. Love it. I also really enjoy chucker hunting

Latest posts

Back