What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working on cutting down on our The Rare Barrel beers.
63332712-BC29-4727-96E0-179A87FFF30A.jpeg

75503B8B-8625-423A-91CF-FCC304C83007.jpeg
FF7B6809-AE4E-4B10-84C4-B6FE660B3A54.jpeg
The birthday hopportunity from @JCasey1992. To me was a bit Columbus heavy but still a very enjoyable IPA.
Then the OH TIPA while roasting some coffee beans tonight. Smooth, creamy & delicious with a nice bitterness to balance it. Another week or two I’m sure it will taste even better.

Like the glass that place is literally across the field from my house.
It’s one of the places I hit when we were up there Labor Day weekend. I liked their beers. We went to Mountain Cowboy and I had a Pilsner because I really like the style and always want to compare them to my beer… it was absolutely terrible!! A massive DMS bomb, like drinking corn water. I was also disappointed with Wibby’s Pilsner too. It has bad DMS too. I was going to say something at both places but my wife didn’t want me to make a scene.

It’s one of the places I hit when we were up there Labor Day weekend. I liked their beers. We went to Mountain Cowboy and I had a Pilsner because I really like the style and always want to compare them to my beer… it was absolutely terrible!! A massive DMS bomb, like drinking corn water. I was also disappointed with Wibby’s Pilsner too. It has bad DMS too. I was going to say something at both places but my wife didn’t want me to make a scene.

I actually haven't been to the Mountain Cowboy but have been meaning to go. I liked Mirror Image better when it was Echo. I know they kept some of the recipes. I really liked their kolsch.

That's too bad about those beers.

I still really enjoy heading over to Left Hand and Bootstrap in Longmont.

Mothertucker off 120th down south and Green Mountain in Lakewood with a buddy who lives down that way.

I’m not disciplined enough to let a beer sit around for 5 years. I know certain styles get better with age, but beers don’t have a long life expectancy at my house.
Discipline was tough at the beginning. Good thing is I'm not organized and lose track of some. Plus I have piles of Rasputin and Orval whenever I see it at a good price. Those are the core collection that hide others :) Then I buy the heavy hitters from trillium and treehouse that I buy one to consume and one to age and see what happens. Honestly the Rasputin I think is incredible with age. Not sure what it is and I think it's pasteurized but to me I think is special. Also into lambics

I think I have very old Samiclaus that I've never touched. Those will probably be broken new years for the hell of it.

There are some clunkers tho. A couple of Trillium adjunct junkified

Latest posts

Back