What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a little side trade with @fourfarthing a few weeks ago but I took a few weeks off from drinking and am finally getting a chance to try them. First up his hazy ipa. Very well put together. Great nose of Galaxy/mosaic/ and Amarillo and some yeast character. Flavor is reminiscent of tropical fruit salad with some bubblegum and stone fruit esters. Firm bitterness that quickly dissipates with a crisp finish. Wish I had another one
DB328431-DFCA-4E79-A99D-0A3FB7AE2706.jpeg
990B5AF5-3923-4DD3-85D6-AADEF4B38A60.jpeg

Bells 2 Hearted is rated the Best Beer in America. That's what this article is about. Top 10 beers/breweries... guess circa 2000???
I noticed that fat heads made the list of best breweries. They must be increasing their distribution to get on that list. I must say, they make some good beer and seem to be localish.

😬😬😳😳😳 I don't even want to know
Calf nuts. Some of the local ranchers save them when the bull calves are turned into steers at branding time. Properly prepared (the tough, outer membrane removed), battered and deep fried, they aren’t much different than popcorn shrimp, fried clams or calamari. A real Western delicacy.

Calf nuts. Some of the local ranchers save them when the bull calves are turned into steers at branding time. Properly prepared (the tough, outer membrane removed), battered and deep fried, they aren’t much different than popcorn shrimp, fried clams or calamari. A real Western delicacy.
I just threw up in my mouth.

Rocky Mountain oysters lol

Damn it GrampaMark I said I didn't want to know! That's some hardcore stuff!! 😂

People eat raw oysters on the half shell (which I happen to like) but can’t get their heads around a deep fried calf nut. Whatever.
I miss my grandma who died when I was 8. I have a so many vivid memories where she'd put on an incredible "old country spread" and see me enjoying it. One time was at a wake and she'd love to come over and ask "you know what you're eating?" trick.I'm very certain I cried several times but after filling myself up with cookies and sweets I'd clean myself up and ask "can I have more pigeon?" Or cow tongue. Man I miss her. I won't tell you what else she tricked me into eating but she was one hell of a grandma and cook. She also bootlegged.

People eat raw oysters on the half shell (which I happen to like) but can’t get their heads around a deep fried calf nut. Whatever.
Agreed! I haven't had prairie oysters, mostly just because they aren't found around here much and I didn't get a chance to try them when I spent a summer out west. I will basically try any food at least once and so far there is only one thing I flat out refuse to try a second time and that is icelandic fermented shark. I love tongue, haggis (proper ones in Scotland with lung in it), kidneys, liver, so whats so disgusting about a testicle?

Good stuff! One of our mechanics held a testicle festival every other year. I was a bit weirded out the first year prior to going, but it’s good food and I found myself always looking forward to the next one

Speaking
Agreed. 4 days of raw rain finsihed by a couple of inches of snow at the tail end of a hurricane. I'll stout it.

Speaking of burning thru brews. Thanks again @jerbrew. We get Mikkeler here but from EUR. This is tasty as I just discovered a rain leaking around my fireplace. Yay!View attachment 704571

Personally, I think the SD location is on point and more interesting than the Europe stuff I’ve had.

I miss my grandma who died when I was 8. I have a so many vivid memories where she'd put on an incredible "old country spread" and see me enjoying it. One time was at a wake and she'd love to come over and ask "you know what you're eating?" trick.I'm very certain I cried several times but after filling myself up with cookies and sweets I'd clean myself up and ask "can I have more pigeon?" Or cow tongue. Man I miss her. I won't tell you what else she tricked me into eating but she was one hell of a grandma and cook. She also bootlegged.
Nice! I love stuff like that. My grandpa was very similar in waiting until well after a meal to announce what it actually was. Two of my absolute best friends were born in Mexico and moved to up here in 2nd/3rd grade. I'd be eating at one or the others house (even still as an adult!) and their parents would be shoving plates of food in front of me and tell me afterwards what random part of whichever random animal I'd just ate. I'd usually just shrug and smile, but after awhile I just told them to not tell me because it all tasted so damn good and I didn't wanna have any bias going into it. Old Mexican ladies can fricken cook.

Agreed! I haven't had prairie oysters, mostly just because they aren't found around here much and I didn't get a chance to try them when I spent a summer out west. I will basically try any food at least once and so far there is only one thing I flat out refuse to try a second time and that is icelandic fermented shark. I love tongue, haggis (proper ones in Scotland with lung in it), kidneys, liver, so whats so disgusting about a testicle?
She made me eat fermented shark. Damn scandanavians! Tasted like bleach. Told me it'd make me strong. No thanks
Personally, I think the SD location is on point and more interesting than the Europe stuff I’ve had.
We get the SD stuff here but it's the boring stuff. The more interesting stuff I see comes from SD. Classic profiles come from Denmark. It's good but it's not crazy like the mocha cake

Last edited:
A true delicacy. Our FFA chapter has an annual all you can eat nut fry (Rocky Mountain Oysters) every spring. They can also be found on the menus in several local restaurants. Best when dipped in extra spicy cocktail sauce. Here’s a reenactment of a great poem by cowboy poet Baxter Black.

FS2020. Been an on again off again fan of the franchise. Not working 70hrs/week any more is allowing more time to dive into the nuances of flying. Yoke/throttle quadrant to arrive next week (been using a steering wheel). Got a trim wheel already (BIG help!). Getting a 15in touch pad to use as a 2nd monitor to project the instrument panels so you don't have to keep 'mousing' and zooming in/out. Also getting something called a 'Knobster' to interference with the touchpad for setting instruments. I have an i7-8700 and Geforce 1060 3gb. Can get about 20fps at 1440p on decent settings so looking to upgrade. Eyeballing the 6gb 2060. Like we need another rabbit hole to go down...

OT... Coffee

EDIT: WTH, bought that 2060 6gb card for $300 off Newegg. $20/coupon! Woot Woot! Can brew a "free" batch also!!

I've always been interested in the flight sims. Haven't been a gamer in a long time, but a long time ago I used MS flight sim. Loved it.

I'm sure my machine can handle. GPU is a 2080 super, rest of system is up to par :) I've got three 4k monitors, so we'll see if the sim can use those.

Much thanks for the thorough reply.

Back