What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very tasty IPA

ipa.jpg

HB Double IPA: 8% (1.078-1.017)
Citra, Exp. 07270, Galaxy
2-row, wheat, oats, 4 oz. lactose
Mashed at 156
150 chloride to 75 sulfate
Extremely soft and full bodied
Used Us-05 to see if I could really make the hops stand out and it didn’t disappoint.
View attachment 672839
That's a nice looking beer, it deserves a better looking glass.. (sorry I'm a confirmed glass snob)
How do you find the 07270? My supplier has a bulk load of it going cheap from a couple years ago, but I was a bit dubious of the onion garlic descriptors... Figure a small amount in a dank West çoaster maybe. You find it noticeable?

That's a nice looking beer, it deserves a better looking glass.. (sorry I'm a confirmed glass snob)
How do you find the 07270? My supplier has a bulk load of it going cheap from a couple years ago, but I was a bit dubious of the onion garlic descriptors... Figure a small amount in a dank West çoaster maybe. You find it noticeable?
It’s ok I guess. I was hoping for a pronounced dank/weed character but it’s kind of subdued in comparison to the other hops. I used 8 oz Citra, 8 oz 07270, and 2 oz galaxy. There’s definitely a little bit of an earthy kind of herbal note to the beer, just not as pronounced as I was looking for. The 7270 was 2019 harvest for whatever its worth.

View attachment 672905
While the rest of the country is freaking about toilet paper, I'm freaking about running out of morning evil black. Might have to do a road trip into town today. The only local store has been out for a week.
Maybe it’s time to pick up another hobby and start roasting your own coffee.
I roasted two pounds yesterday to get us through a good 10-14 days (give or take) depending on if my wife and I need more coffee some days. Cheers bud!

Maybe it’s time to pick up another hobby and start roasting your own coffee.
I roasted two pounds yesterday to get us through a good 10-14 days (give or take) depending on if my wife and I need more coffee some days. Cheers bud!

My wife caught me looking at bean roasting articles like 6-7 weeks ago and just sort of sighed. I'm pretty sure she wishes I would have looked into it more deeply now haha. I told her that once we get through our stock of K-cups ( we rarely even brew them these days) and get our Nespresso pod stock under control, I'd think about it. We only recently started grinding and using a French press in the last year and absolutely love it. Her boss found that out and her company gifted us a 6-month beanbox subscription at Christmas and its mind-blowing how much good coffee is out there.

Love the cracked handle. I broke my wife's old favorite mug back when we were just dating. I've since glued the handle back together about four times, but she's moved onto other glassware
I wouldn’t say this one is a favorite, and I think I got it a dollar store, but the break wasn’t too bad and my repair is holding (I think I used gorilla glue) so I still get to have coffee from my big rooster mug.

Back