What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of Gatorade...on the couch. I had 4 more pints of Sea Hag during the Rose Bowl with the neighbor. Bad idea.

Wild hop hb pale sounds really cool. How did it turn out? I have found a couple patches of wild hops in my area I want to brew with next year

It actually turned out pretty well! It certainly is not a high AA variety, whatever it is. Used 10lb 2-row and 1lb Crystal 40 with BRY-97 and a very traditional hop schedule. Flavor is a bit sweet for my liking but it has some really refreshing lemon and mint flavors going on. Overall it is a good, easy drinking beer. I was able to get enough hops to do a double hopped version of the same beer. Think it was in total about 300g wet hops.

ych3.jpg

Few local lagers while figuring all this stuff out...

It actually turned out pretty well! It certainly is not a high AA variety, whatever it is. Used 10lb 2-row and 1lb Crystal 40 with BRY-97 and a very traditional hop schedule. Flavor is a bit sweet for my liking but it has some really refreshing lemon and mint flavors going on. Overall it is a good, easy drinking beer. I was able to get enough hops to do a double hopped version of the same beer. Think it was in total about 300g wet hops.

That's awesome- the wild hops I came across had a super lemon aroma when i crushed them- I'll probably due a similar grain bill minus the crystal. Just straight 2 row. Water

That's awesome- the wild hops I came across had a super lemon aroma when i crushed them- I'll probably due a similar grain bill minus the crystal. Just straight 2 row. Water

Yea, I tried to keep it super basic. My uncle owns the property where it came from (go figure, he just started a hops farm too, with 5 acres of known hops planted this year) and I knew with him that too sweet would go over better than too bitter, hence the crystal.

water also...damn work

I have these days every day ... vanilla coffee porter just to take the edge off.
i'm sure it may take more than one ... :beard:

My 11.7 Single Syrup, Single Malt, Single Hop (SSSMaSH) Quad. 11.7% ABV. Not bad flavor, but the oaked version is much better. *Very* light body, fermented down to 1.006, iirc. In a related story, no head retention to speak of. Cola-like effervescence. MUCH too easy to drink for an 11.7% beer.

My default is to go with the simplest possible recipe, then add what it might need on top of that. This needs some body and some head retention. And maybe a touch more bitterness. And oak is a necessity, not an optional touch.

Fresh pressed apple cider, started in late 2015, and this batch was kegged. Dry dry dry just the way we like, from fresh heirloom apples gathered locally (no cost.) Still have some bottled. There was 15 gallons made, and it's a lovely sipping cider. Looking forward to our apple trees producing!

Didn't think I'd get a free warranty phone but ones getting overnight shipped to me. Today is a better day, but I feel like death.

Red Bull #2 driving from Buffalo to Rochester

Back