What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deschutes Twilight is my favorite summer seasonal, actually one of my top 10 beers really. Perfect session ale before we knew what that was. Love the light hops.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Boil is underway. But, more importantly, enjoying Mama Fratelli - my cherries and oaked Quad.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405960490.303506.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405960552.477538.jpg

If I had to choose out of all of the beers I've ever brewed, I would pick this Quad to enjoy with some HBT folks. Too bad I don't have an unlimited supply to send to everyone. God, I ****ing love this beer.

Good helping of Exilis - Berliner Weisse. Perfect for a day like this.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405961896.817260.jpg

Water. Time to chill. Brew day is over.

Hit my numbers spot-on today. Love it when that happens.

Water

Anybody have recommendations for beer bars/bottle shops in DC? Will be spending a couple nights there.

Not in DC--I'm sure someone else will chime in on that--but if you're taking 95 down, there's a bottle shop called The Perfect Pour that's just two mins off the highway that's worth stopping at.

Exit 41B shortly after you exit the Harbor Tunnel South of Baltimore.

A little pricey--most shelf sixers about a dollar or two more than elsewhere, but well organized, ridiculous selection, and helpful staff.

A Bordeaux I grabbed at Trader Joe's yesterday. For $8 and my completely uneducated palate when it comes to wine, this is quite tasty.

And unpacking some new Cubitainers and spigots I'll be using as Polypins to start pouring all my English beers on cask. 10x 1 gallon for now, and if they work as well as I hope, I'll probably be adding a bunch more. I'll be racking over my Pale Mild tomorrow night as an inaugural run.

20140721_163558[1].jpg

20140721_164325[1].jpg

Water

Anybody have recommendations for beer bars/bottle shops in DC? Will be spending a couple nights there.

I was in DC a couple of months ago and I know there's something like a World of Beers in the Chinatown section, but I didn't get to go in. There's also a downtown Whole Foods, two story, that has a decent bottle selection and fills growlers with locals. Sorry, I don't have addresses...but Google should get you there!

First draw from a fresh batch of the house Citra Bomb. Yummy!

Cheers!

[edit] Playing an audio recording of a Belted Kingfisher when one is within earshot turns out to be not a great idea :eek:

citra_bomb.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405977804.040634.jpg
Had a good time at Great Lakes Brewery today
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405977853.845625.jpg
Enjoyed some samples and decided on a glass of Spacewalker American Belgo pretty tasty stuff.

Second water. And dinner hot off of the grill. Fat boy style.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405980522.268408.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405981034.528164.jpg
Bonehead Imperial Red sold ouf completely this weekend at Fatheads. I will just have to choke down this growler of Headhunter instead. This stuff is so good on tap

My bourbon barrel porter. Head doesn't last but it's good.
View attachment 212563

That's what (s)he said?
ha

View attachment 212567
Had a good time at Great Lakes Brewery today
View attachment 212568
Enjoyed some samples and decided on a glass of Spacewalker American Belgo pretty tasty stuff.

Lucky. I gotta go there some time.

Sixpoint Bengali, then a lil sumpin extra while doing yard work.

Attachments

• 1405981527300.jpg
    1405981527300.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 1405981541712.jpg
    1405981541712.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 56
Not in DC--I'm sure someone else will chime in on that--but if you're taking 95 down, there's a bottle shop called The Perfect Pour that's just two mins off the highway that's worth stopping at.

Exit 41B shortly after you exit the Harbor Tunnel South of Baltimore.

A little pricey--most shelf sixers about a dollar or two more than elsewhere, but well organized, ridiculous selection, and helpful staff.

I'm taking the train, but I'll file that away for next time. Thanks!

I was in DC a couple of months ago and I know there's something like a World of Beers in the Chinatown section, but I didn't get to go in. There's also a downtown Whole Foods, two story, that has a decent bottle selection and fills growlers with locals. Sorry, I don't have addresses...but Google should get you there!

Thanks, I'll have to check them out

Fresh hoptimum... got a free 4 pack. From Talking to the manager of the liquor store I always visit.. it seems I got an old batch the first time and he sent it all back.. this batch is wayyy better.

1405982120213.jpg

Yeah good food good beer its a really nice place and it was packed.

Gotta take the trip down the 90 at some point. Prolly a full day trip as a 3 hr drive would suck after visiting haha

Finishing a double trouble after some delicious shish kabobs.

Back