What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good too IPA while I watch starter spinnnnny spin spin

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405116164.780698.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405116194.829346.jpg

Is that the shipwrecked recipe? What was your ABV? Mine went nuts and ended up at 9%...

Its pretty much based off of that recipe but i altered it to what i had and suggestions from clint. My first one did the same thing and ended up at 9.5% but this one I eased up on and ended up at 8.0%. You have a bomber set aside. I used 3726 for both.

If there's any brewery I feel that way about, it is Stone, not Lagunitas. I think some of the IPAs are deliberately similar, but for example Lagunitas Sucks tastes quite similar to Sculpin IMO, and nothing like their other IPAs.

Hmm, I don't agree at all. In my experience, all of Lagunitas beers have almost the same hop character. I've had most of Stone's beers, and I think that they're pretty diverse (even their hoppy beers). It's kinda crazy how different people's palates are.

I like Lagunitas a lot. I'm angling to go to the local restaurant that serves it...but I doubt we will go there. I'd have to dress a little nicer than I am right now.

EDIT: and I think Lagunitas does hoppy beers MUCH better than Stone. I'm not a big fan of Stone.

Shouldnt have gone to the store.. oh well

Having the santan and making root beer, hard lemonade, and cider tonight

D, you feel like sharing your cider recipe? I'm planning on making a batch soon. I've been impressed with your mead recipes (I might have some Texas Twang tonight) and if you'd share your cider recipe, I'll definitely give it a shot.

View attachment 210533

First timer here. Thanks DC!

Sent from the Bat Cave

could wait huh haha

D, you feel like sharing your cider recipe? I'm planning on making a batch soon. I've been impressed with your mead recipes (I might have some Texas Twang tonight) and if you'd share your cider recipe, I'll definitely give it a shot.

Thank you. Glad you enjoy them. Its pretty much like edworts apfelwien. I dont venture outside that yet but different sugars. Got 2 metals from my ciders one regular and one soured. I also got another mead i need to post. Chocolate habanero. Yumm

Though I was done. But I feel like I haven't had a beer all day. I feel great.

My Spinning Piledriver RIS.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405119626.940722.jpg

NEBCO just put a policy in place that will limit anyone to filling three growlers per day. Good. ****ing people show up there with 10-15 growlers per person sometimes. Silly asshats.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405120879.464831.jpg
Camping trip got pushed back a day because my kid is puking. Guess I'll have a beer. HB cascade pale.

Had a deschutes fresh squeezed IPA at whole foods with dinner and picked up a bottle of victory wild devil. Excited about that one, they haven't made it in years.

just had a wicked awesome margarita & plate of spicy shrimp at our new local Mexican restaurant. and now a Day Tripper Pale Ale sompls sent. thanks again, brofish! the other one is going to the Black Hills with me.

I made my apfelwein with extra brown sugar. It's strong enough.

Drinking my 15 min cascade ale. Smacked.

Back