What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question for all of you experts out here. I'm looking to buy 6-12 beers, drink a few and stash the rest in the back of the closet for a year or 2. Any recommendations for what I can pick up and age for a while?

Quick question for all of you experts out here. I'm looking to buy 6-12 beers, drink a few and stash the rest in the back of the closet for a year or 2. Any recommendations for what I can pick up and age for a while?

narwhal by sierra nevada

Imperial stouts, Belgian strongs, sours and barley wines are a few styles that would benefit from aging.

Ha! We all have guilty pleasures Mr PBR with Clamato lol

I in no way feel guilty about PBR & Clam. I'm fully aware it's disgusting and I'm not ashamed of my love for it. Now Budweiser Chelada is crime against humanity. So is McCormick nutmeg. You should know you have to grate it fresh. Then your pumpkin beer with nutmeg would live up to it's full potential of disgustingness.:mug:

I in no way feel guilty about PBR & Clam. I'm fully aware it's disgusting and I'm not ashamed of my love for it. Now Budweiser Chelada is crime against humanity. So is McCormick nutmeg. You should know you have to grate it fresh. Then your pumpkin beer with nutmeg would live up to it's full potential of disgustingness.:mug:

Lol I hear ya on the fresh nutmeg for sure. But just grabbed it to have a good drink while finalizing my Mexican Chocolate Oatmeal Stout recipe.

Apfelwein.

ForumRunner_20131107_200119.jpg

Offer accepted.

Groovy.

narwhal by sierra nevada

You're only saying that because it's an undrinkable mess fresh.

Imperial stouts, Belgian strongs, sours and barley wines are a few styles that would benefit from aging.

Mark has made a good generalization here. Sierra Nevada Bigfoot is a great shelf beer to age. If you can get Bells in New Jersey Expedition Stout is good to age, Brooklyn Black Chocolate is too and much less expensive. Chimay Blue and Rochefort 10 both age well. Three Philosophers from Ommegang is another good one.

Thanks guys. Got me a list and I'm going hunting.

Come on @sshats pick up your fooooooking balls and veto my god damn trade you fooooooking *****s and get that free yeast fooooooking do it already please.

Come on @sshats pick up your fooooooking balls and veto my god damn trade you fooooooking *****s and get that free yeast fooooooking do it already please.

If you insist.

I veto. You are the weakest link. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Cheers. I will buy a beer/pour a HB for Nizzle should I ever run into him.

Latest posts

Back