What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those were little bottles, it's ok.

1988. Champaign, Illinois. Broke the Guinness world record for most Little Kings sold in a 24 period. Bars opened up drive through windows for the day. Coincided with "Hash Wednesday". Scary. Got beat out by some college town in Michigan the next year I think.

Note to Fuzzy drink water before bed! :-D

Noted. In the meantime about to siphon another growler of hard tea out (fiancee not home till one am or so) :ban:

ForumRunner_20130825_225403.jpg

nukebrewer said:
Surly Coffee Bender. What I love about this beer is the coffee is so in your face. There's no subtlety about it, just coffee explosion throughout the profile of the beer.

It is great. Have you ever had Santa Fe Java Stout? It's like coffee in a can. So very good. I you haven't had it before, you should definitely pick some up at Specs when you're in town in a couple months.

I have a Highland Gaelic Ale in the fridge but damn, it is already a malty beer and after drinking those hoppy beers I might as well as drink some Aunt Jamima syrup LOLOL[/QUOTE]

My go to beer. Can't go wrong with the Gaelic. Put some malt in your diet. It's not that sweet. Well balanced.

It is great. Have you ever had Santa Fe Java Stout? It's like coffee in a can. So very good. I you haven't had it before, you should definitely pick some up at Specs when you're in town in a couple months.

I have had it. I acquired it through a trade, but I certainly plan to get some more when I am in town. I almost picked some up last time I was in town but didn't, which is why I had to trade for it.

Surly Coffee Bender. What I love about this beer is the coffee is so in your face. There's no subtlety about it, just coffee explosion throughout the profile of the beer.

I've thought about trying to clone that, but I'm afraid it would become an all consuming obsession that would drive me insane(r).

2nd to last Brett Trois hoppy wheat failure.

Why do beers with brett have smaller bubbles?

nukebrewer said:
I have had it. I acquired it through a trade, but I certainly plan to get some more when I am in town. I almost picked some up last time I was in town but didn't, which is why I had to trade for it.
That and Coffee Bender are my favorite of the coffee beers I've had.
I'm sure you'll be busy, with your brother's wedding and all, but let me know when you're in town if you have some free time. Maybe we can meet up again, first round is on me.

TNGabe said:
I've thought about trying to clone that, but I'm afraid it would become an all consuming obsession that would drive me insane(r).

Not sure. Maybe Channel would know.

That and Coffee Bender are my favorite of the coffee beers I've had.
I'm sure you'll be busy, with your brother's wedding and all, but let me know when you're in town if you have some free time. Maybe we can meet up again, first round is on me.

The wedding's on a Saturday and I am coming that Friday and staying for a week. I'll have plenty of time during the week to get together for a few rounds. Maybe we could get DisturbedChemist to join us as well.

One more for the road. Got work in the morning, but I wanted squeeze in a 9.7% beer before I hit the sack. Great beer with notes of coffee, chocolate and vanilla. Superb imperial stout.

20130825_232400.jpg

nukebrewer said:
The wedding's on a Saturday and I am coming that Friday and staying for a week. I'll have plenty of time during the week to get together for a few rounds. Maybe we could get DisturbedChemist to join us as well.

Sounds good, man. DisturbdChemist is a great guy and I'm sure he'll be more than happy to get together for a few.

This is not what you are drinking NOW per-say but what are you ABOUT to drink .. water ... Yes water ... I am with Fuzzy as in we may have had a "few" tonight. Wheeew ... good night fellas and felletes.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
You fookers better be game when I come home next spring too!! Convinced swmbo one day in Houston then on to Corpus

Only one day in Houston? How are we going to hit St Arnold, Karbach, 8th Wonder, Buffalo Bayou Brewing, Southern Star and The Petrol Station in just one day?!?!;)

Only one day in Houston? How are we going to hit St Arnold, Karbach, 8th Wonder, Buffalo Bayou Brewing, Southern Star and The Petrol Station in just one day?!?!;)

Well one day so far :D being I've successfully turned her into a beer geek maybe one extra but even just one day, hell I don't think one Texans gotta tell another how we do that!

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Well one day so far :D being I've successfully turned her into a beer geek maybe one extra but even just one day, hell I don't think one Texans gotta tell another how we do that!

Not sure it's even do-able, but it wouldn't stop us from trying. :D

I'm out. 4AM will come sooner than I'd like it to.
Stupid job!

I would do the same. . .. only if it where angry orchard. . :mug: .. facepalm

Lol I hear ya brotha! When I started working on converting my fiancee it was all Miller Lite and crap like Angry Orchard. She now hates sweet ciders and fruit beers. I consider it a win for her palate change :mug:

I hear ya Nuke, I just gotta look into said breweries and find something she would love.

Between them all it shouldn't be too hard to pull off.

As per usual, my "one more for the road" wasn't actually my one more for the road. I just have to go out with a bang drinking a 12% beer after drinking all day. Well, better this than BMC, am I right?

20130826_001200.jpg

Between them all it shouldn't be too hard to pull off.

As per usual, my "one more for the road" wasn't actually my one more for the road. I just have to go out with a bang drinking a 12% beer after drinking all day. Well, better this than BMC, am I right?

Nice!!! Visited the brewery on my bday last week. Last couple beers I had were pints of Double Crooked....needless to say after that was blurry :mug:

Haha! Even my real last one for the road isn't my real last one for the road. It would seem I am not too good at this responsible drinking thing. This is damn good, though. It will be worth it, even if I do have to bring doughnuts in in the morning.

20130826_004500.jpg

Public holiday in England today... Means I can deal with my hangover in peace.

However I have to do some work quickly because while it's a bank holiday here it's not in Scotland which is where I work most weeks... Need to get a couple of proposals finished off.

On the coffee.

I think because most Brett beers are bottled carbed maybe? not forced

Ugh wtf!!?? Just woke up and wondering how the hell its so effin humid and hot already. Am I back in Texas and no one told me?!

Latest posts

Back