What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ForumRunner_20130815_194519.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
Need to head to Dallas for some beer one day. There are a few breweries I like to visit up there

I highly recommend Velvet Hammer by Peticolas. It's an imperial red that lives up to its name.

I am a regular attendee/volunteer at the FireWheel tour every Saturday in Rowlett. Hit me up if you're headed that way and I will be sure to say hello

Just realized it's 8.5%! I'm gonna feel good after drinking this tall boy.

Glad you had the opportunity to try it, love that beer! my favorite trippel too and its from my home town so i cant lose :D just got a 50 lb pound of 2 row from them!

cody6173 said:
In the words of the late, great Colonel Sanders...."I'm too drunk...to taste this chicken"

Crack in a glass!!!!! Cheers.

I am now drinking a Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA. Pretty good but a little sweet. Drank a 90 minute and 60 minute IPA from them before it and I think the 90 minute is the best. Better balance and smoother.

ForumRunner_20130815_210542.jpg

Tell me about it. I would imagine this is what instant regret tastes like. I feel like Remmy drinking Mikes Hard

He doesn't appear to regret that. When does vaca start? I'm on mini vaca starting now. Homebrew club's summer campout. Lots of drinking and some class II kayaking. Haven't boated in a year and only a few times in the year before that. Maybe 4 years ago I got over 200 days in, but I also live in a van and you can't keep umpteen carboys of wild beer in a van. :mug:

He doesn't appear to regret that. When does vaca start? I'm on mini vaca starting now. Homebrew club's summer campout. Lots of drinking and some class II kayaking. Haven't boated in a year and only a few times in the year before that. Maybe 4 years ago I got over 200 days in, but I also live in a van and you can't keep umpteen carboys of wild beer in a van. :mug:

Starts tomorrow! First stop the good ol Jolly Pumpkin then their sister brewery for lunch Grizzly Peak (mostly English style hand pulled cask ales) Followed by Arbor Brewing then spending the night in Livonia, which is down the street from one of Michigan's biggest bottle shops.:ban: :ban::ban:
Don't know I I could handle the kayaking after drinking

Leubega said:
Man I love that beer, I put it up there with all the tops IPAs I have around northern cal. Great stuff

'Tis tasty. Don't know if you've popped that Timber Beast yet but that's my next one. The Denog. was by favorite from our trade though

Starts tomorrow! First stop the good ol Jolly Pumpkin then their sister brewery for lunch Grizzly Peak (mostly English style hand pulled cask ales) Followed by Arbor Brewing then spending the night in Livonia, which is down the street from one of Michigan's biggest bottle shops.:ban: :ban::ban:
Don't know I I could handle the kayaking after drinking

Sounds like a good trip!! Hope you get to meet Captain Spooky at JP, guess you'll be going to one of the pubs thought. They do tours at the brewery at all? Hoping he'll be at NHC next year, he's done them in the past.

'Tis tasty. Don't know if you've popped that Timber Beast yet but that's my next one. The Denog. was by favorite from our trade though

Just cracked it before I saw this haha, I love that heavy rye. Oddly enough I've never tried denogg, I always manage to just pass it over at the wall o' beer

Leubega said:
Figured id join the party. This is pretty tasty, loving the heavy rye character

One of the best local beers. That's relative though considering the Deep South isn't exactly known for craft beer

Sounds like a good trip!! Hope you get to meet Captain Spooky at JP, guess you'll be going to one of the pubs thought. They do tours at the brewery at all? Hoping he'll be at NHC next year, he's done them in the past.

That's just the first day! Four days and four breweries left after that. :D From what I've heard he does pop in the pub sometimes . And no they don't do tours. They just moved their brewing to another building. Super high tech layout to keep the wild yeast on the wild yeast side and away from the two sister breweries stuff. We should take a day pre or post NHC to hit the pub when your here.

nukebrewer said:
Rye, Aye Captain! I think this is one of my better IPAs. It might get trumped, though by either or both of my next two... an imperial red (which also happens to meet the style guidelines for IIPA) brewed with Nelson Sauvin, Kohatu and Motueka hops (all NZ hops). That one's called Ultra Kiwi Red Ale (UKRA). The other one is going to be a SMaSH brew of Maris Otter and El Dorado hops. I am incredibly excited to brew with El Dorado. Look at me, rambling on like a school girl with new brew excitement. I'll stop now. Cheers!

That looks magnificent. Not sure how it tastes not a big kiwi guy but that is one beer id judge by its cover and would love to try.

Can you describe its flavor profile a la beer advocate beergeek style? :drunk:

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
That's just the first day! Four days and four breweries left after that. :D We should take a day pre or post NHC to hit the pub when your here.

Wow, busy first day. We will for sure, planning on a week up there.

image-3859189267.jpg

These Men Are Cowards - funky blackberry stout. Neither the base beer nor the fruit are identifiable at this point. Don't tell my wife I drank another, 6 left after this one. I'd love to try one in 5 years, but that's not going to happen. I'll be making a blueberry version soon.

Dave37 said:
That looks magnificent. Not sure how it tastes not a big kiwi guy but that is one beer id judge by its cover and would love to try.

Can you describe its flavor profile a la beer advocate beergeek style? :drunk:

Edit: sorry i misread your post. This is a rye IPA. Looks great. Sorry for my sh@t reading comprehension.

Leubega said:
Just cracked it before I saw this haha, I love that heavy rye. Oddly enough I've never tried denogg, I always manage to just pass it over at the wall o' beer

That Denog is definitely worth a shot. I finally got my hands on a four pack Lazy Magnolia Backwoods Belgian. Meant to send one your way but couldn't find it in time. I owe you for all the delicious west coast IPAs so it'll be in the next westbound package

I believe it is, that beer needs more attention. Great beer.

I want to say Lazy Magnolia is one of the few breweries I can get in TN but not NC. Don't think I can get Timber Beast because of our effed laws here. Can't put beer over 6.2 and under 6.2 on the same truck from the distributor because one is liqour store and one is grocery.

TNGabe said:
I want to say Lazy Magnolia is one of the few breweries I can get in TN but not NC. Don't think I can get Timber Beast because of our effed laws here. Can't put beer over 6.2 and under 6.2 on the same truck from the distributor because one is liqour store and one is grocery.

That's redonkulous

That Denog is definitely worth a shot. I finally got my hands on a four pack Lazy Magnolia Backwoods Belgian. Meant to send one your way but couldn't find it in time. I owe you for all the delicious west coast IPAs so it'll be in the next westbound package

No worries man, I'm more than happy to snag that love buzz from you. Lemme know whenever you want some more west coast hops. I'll be free for more trade stuff in mid September

nukebrewer said:
You're going to love NZ hops, especially Nelson.

I'm looking forward to it. I'm thinking of doing a 50/50 barley/wheat grain bill and letting the Nelson just dominate the profile of the beer.

Back