What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a very interesting beer. I almost want to call it an American Porter rather than a black IPA. Not very bitter, but a respectable amount of hop flavor and aroma. The hop aroma is fruity and floral, but there's a malt presence that's just at a higher level than most black IPA/CDAs I've had before. It's a winner for me!

20121108_153126.jpg

This is a very interesting beer. I almost want to call it an American Porter rather than a black IPA. Not very bitter, but a respectable amount of hop flavor and aroma. The hop aroma is fruity and floral, but there's a malt presence that's just at a higher level than most black IPA/CDAs I've had before. It's a winner for me!

That's pretty much my take on it. 21st Amendment contracts with a brewery right down the road from 3rd Street, so there's sort of a rivalry between then and Back in Black. I think they're both excellent, but Bitter Neighbor definitely has more roasty-ness and less bitterness than most CDAs.

I had a couple of my cascade pale ales today. It has really turned a corner in the past few days. It went from being really dry and watery tasting, to a pretty good beer (more of a spring/summer beer though)! I was hoping it would get better, because I was gonna dump it, if it didn't improve.

So jealous of you NordeastBrewer77. I'm going to make a trip up there soon to get me some. Right now I am drinking Surly Hell. It's a great beer, but my only complaint is that the can says it's unfiltered, but it looks pretty damn filtered, haha. Not changing my opinion, just thought it was worth noting.

_DSC0337.jpg

So jealous of you NordeastBrewer77. I'm going to make a trip up there soon to get me some. Right now I am drinking Surly Hell. It's a great beer, but my only complaint is that the can says it's unfiltered, but it looks pretty damn filtered, haha. Not changing my opinion, just thought it was worth noting.

Look carefully, every Surly has li'l yeast floaties if you pour the whole can. But yeah, Hell is probably the clearest of them, I was hoping for a hazy German lager when I cracked my first. If you ever do come up here, definitely hit me up, we have a lot of amazing beers up here that people don't know; Lucid (Minnetonka), Steel Toe (St. Louis Park), Harriet (S Mpls), some hidden gem brew pubs like Barley John's (which is walking distance from me) and the Herkimer (who's German Helles is actually hazy), and some great beer bars that focus on locals like The Happy Gnome, Bryant-Lake Bowl, and a $hit ton of others.

Happy Stout Day e'erybody!! :mug:

HPIM1370.jpg
Not bad, but I have a feeling my next stout will be a tad better. :D

Big Sky summer honey. Not very memorable, but at current price point, I'm buying bottles and getting free beer!

Hey. You're holding out on me!!!!

Abrasive is getting canned soon. We should work something out. :)-

Unfortunately I don't have my own supply. I got mine in a trade, so this is the last I'll be seeing of it until I do another trade with someone from that area. :( It really is a great beer. Is it a bad sign when you seriously consider the craft beer scene when you're deciding where to live after you get out of the service? **** the housing and job markets, I just want a good beer selection!

Unfortunately I don't have my own supply. I got mine in a trade, so this is the last I'll be seeing of it until I do another trade with someone from that area. :( It really is a great beer. Is it a bad sign when you seriously consider the craft beer scene when you're deciding where to live after you get out of the service? **** the housing and job markets, I just want a good beer selection!

Vermont is beer capital outside of Belgium. Our Lambics sit on the shelves because they're too expensive for most of the populous. a lot of the top 50 beers in the world are produced here....we have more brewers per capita than any other state. It's awesome.

But Surly, so good. Delicious beers. I love their stuff. If Surly and 3 Floyds were in Vermont, I'd never leave.

I know at least 2 people that have moved to Vermont JUST for the beer. it's awesome here.

Vermont is beer capital outside of Belgium. Our Lambics sit on the shelves because they're too expensive for most of the populous. a lot of the top 50 beers in the world are produced here....we have more brewers per capita than any other state. It's awesome.

But Surly, so good. Delicious beers. I love their stuff. If Surly and 3 Floyds were in Vermont, I'd never leave.

I know at least 2 people that have moved to Vermont JUST for the beer. it's awesome here.

Yeah, we had a great time when my wife and I went to Burlington for our anniversary. So much awesome beer there. I'm making a trip in the fairly near feature to get some Heady Topper and, now that I read your last post, check out the lambics and other VT exclusives.

Started well tonight with:
brooklyn_oktoberfest.jpg

Brooklyn Oktoberfest and
BC_Pilsner_-_small.jpg

Butte Creek Organic Pilsner

But then things turned for the worst with:
Full Sail Brewery (Pilsner)
Southampton Publick House (Pumpkin Ale)

International Stout Day!!! No idea what to open tonight. I need to drink down my stouts

will probably just grab a Bourbon County Stout.

#LiverPoisoning.

Hey. You're holding out on me!!!!

Abrasive is getting canned soon. We should work something out. :)-

Most excellent stash ya got there buddy! I'll send ya some Coffee Bender next time we swap beers. I like it a lot, great afternoon refresher or as Nuke said, great with dessert of any kind!

HPIM1372.jpg

Most excellent stash ya got there buddy! I'll send ya some Coffee Bender next time we swap beers. I like it a lot, great afternoon refresher or as Nuke said, great with dessert of any kind!

View attachment 83031

Let's do another swap! Coffee bender rocks!!!! :)

bought a few of them last september 2011.. this is my last one :( i liked how it changed!!

Opened my only one a few days ago - http://adam-jackson.net/beer/review-squatters-barrel-of-russians/.

Wish I had opened it sooner. Felt like it had not aged as well but still a decent stout.

Negra Modelo, I've not had it before. Eh. It's not bad, but it is kinda weak. I'm planning on a lion stout next.

It's San Diego's Beer Week, so I went out to a lil place and got to drink a few different beers from Bear Republic. Racer 5, Racer X, Black Racer, And TarTare.

Back