What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HPIM1120.jpg
This is one d@mn good IPA, I could drink this everyday! :mug:

My Nugget Pale Ale.Year old. Still smell dankish,herbal/earth-spice hops. In a not very faded way. Crazy grainbill though,Pale wheat,munich,caramunich,Pilsner,6 row,and pale ale malt.The amount of priming sugar I used should have overcarbonated it which it didnt for some reason.

My homebrewed milk stout. I wasn't too sure about this one at first but it has grown on me. Nice change of pace from the hoppy beers I tend to enjoy the most.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
This is one d@mn good IPA, I could drink this everyday! :mug:

I am stuck pretty hard on that one right now, I need to find a better source for their stuff, my local liquor store only carries that and the RyePA, which is also excellent.

Was at Solemn Oath and had some Man

image-2329962053.jpg

vs. Internet a 9.7% Belgian red. See pic. Now in having a Sam Adams Oktoberfest and its pretty tasty.

I am stuck pretty hard on that one right now, I need to find a better source for their stuff, my local liquor store only carries that and the RyePA, which is also excellent.

Consider yourself lucky. My source is in GA. :D

Love Terrapin! Hopsecutioner is one of my all time favorites.

It's quickly becoming one of mine. I've only gotten it via trade with another member, it's an amazing beer. Few better, that's for sure.

21A's Hop Crisis, that is a real sneaky 9.7%

Now that we get here, thanks to it being contracted by a brewery about 45 mins outside of town. Thanks for the inspiration, think I'll crack a can of that after I finish this St. Peter's IPA.

Just starting to bottle my chinook/cascade pale. Had to sample some so I force carbonated super fast with dry ice! A bit scary but it worked!

ForumRunner_20121011_222659.jpg

I bought the whole line of these bad boys when they first started producing them back in 01'. Every year I crack one open and enjoy the subtle difference between the years of age. Honestly, not all of these have gotten better over time, especially the light ones (which makes sense). Looks like we will see how good all of these are as of 12/12/2012!

Nordeast,that looks like the bear on the logo on the side of the building for travelodge here in Elyria. Atm I'm drinkin premium lager & vodka,celebrating my PM pale ale bubbling nicely with an airlock replacing the blow off tube. Slow-n-steady...

Lagunitas IPA

Have to say its not my favorite IPA

I know what ya mean, I personally like their IPA but many are put off by it. Lag's mashes pretty high, which is where their Lagunita's flavor comes from. The graininess is a bit odd in what you expect to be a lighter bodied beer.

I'm still stuck on the Hopsecutioner! Tonight in my Dead Guy glass, a tad more appropriate, no?

Hot tea right now, but it will probably be Sierra Nevada most of the weekend. I have 7.5 gallons of beer ready to bottle, but not enough empty bottles to get it done (most of them ended up in recycling when I moved). For some reason I like the short bottles, and the stuff inside ain't bad either.

Christmas came early this year...

Port Brewing Santa's Little Helper Oak Aged Imperial Stout
12% abv

slh.jpg

image-1176821889.jpg

Revolution Brewing Chicago.
Their double Pale ale is very good. Even better they built their new brewery 100% union! Support fair wages!

image-1182837337.jpg

I'm not a Sam Adams fan but I saw this and figured I would give it a try. Thirteenth Hour- its a 9% oak aged Belgian style stout. I'm still not a Sam Adams fan at all. So far it smells like jack Daniels and tastes like it too, a long with a little bit of chocolate, coffee and vanilla notes. The whiskey character actually distracts from the rest of the beer. I'm letting it warm up a bit but based on the flavor profile that will probably make it worse.

Oh well, I have Deschutes Green Lakes Organic Amber and Fuller's 1845 to follow.

My 11 mo old Organic Pale Ale. Made with some wheat malt/victory/munich/Uk Pale malt.Belgian Admirable and nugget.Super dense creamy head,and a pretty good unique tasting beer. Remindes me of no other beer ive ever had.

Back