What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flying dog dogtoberfest. I'm really digging octoberfests this year for some wired reason

image-3123470003.jpg

Dominion octoberfest. Not bad, I'm really digging these kctoberfests this year. Their even great for cooking. I just deglazed a fry pan with it I used to cook my pork chops and onions and it is absolutely fantastic sauce for thus meal

image-3066253771.jpg

It that time of year to get toasty. Im havin a Harviestoun Old Engine OiL- Engineer's Reserve -Blackest Ale. Very nice stuff! Old ales seem to be becoming my favorate style.

Three Floyds Gumballhead. Extremely low carbonation for a wheat beer. The beer tastes great, I guess I'll just have to see if the rest of the six pack have the same almost non-existent carbonation.

image-1622778875.jpg

Brooklyn Brown Ale and Brooklyn Local 2. Local 1 & Local 2 are goddamn fantastic beers. Hats off to you, Mr Garrett Oliver. Flavorful yet supremely drinkable.

Empyrean Watchman Ipa. Its seems like a sweeter or maltier version of SN pale ale sorta. Other than the oktoberfest they offered these were the only two I have like from them so far. And as far as "liked" well I guess that means above average. Thats just strictly my opinion though. On the large scale of modern craft beer, average/ more below average brewery.

My Ginger beer.Its like carmel candied ginger beer.Im really impressed as I havent had anything better commercially. Its a winner. And it went as fast as I woulda like to a drank it.

Just finished sharing the first bottle of my pumpkin ale with SWMBO. It is stellar as is, but should get better over the next month or so. The pumpkin flavor and pumpkin spices are, of course, the stars of the show, but they're not overpowering. The single late addition of Cascade plays very nicely with pumpkin pie spices.

dryboroughbrewing said:
I am working on a samichlaus. Sadly the label on this one is MIA so I have no idea which year

I just bought a 2010. I'm looking forward to trying it.

DisturbdChemist said:
Drinking last years batch with a cigar.

How do you like it? It's on my list of worst beers I've ever had. It tasted to me like way under attenuated beer. My friend who bought it even contacted the brewery to see if it was a bad batch, but they said that's what they were going for. But I'd like to hear what someone else thinks about it.

WesleyS said:
How do you like it? It's on my list of worst beers I've ever had. It tasted to me like way under attenuated beer. My friend who bought it even contacted the brewery to see if it was a bad batch, but they said that's what they were going for. But I'd like to hear what someone else thinks about it.

To me its not the worst beer I had but I like it. It's the lease favorite of the demon series. The stout is my favorite. It's a huge sweet barelywine and its hiding its abv well imo. Though I don't feel a burn anymore because I like whiskey/bourbon strait. I'll buy more to age and see.

DisturbdChemist said:
To me its not the worst beer I had but I like it. It's the lease favorite of the demon series. The stout is my favorite. It's a huge sweet barelywine and its hiding its abv well imo. Though I don't feel a burn anymore because I like whiskey/bourbon strait. I'll buy more to age and see.

Yeah, I don't think I "got" what they were going for. To be fair, though, that was six years and many, many beers ago and my tastes have evolved since then. We probably should've held on to it for a bit instead of drinking it shortly after purchase. I would probably age it if I bought it again.

Sippn' beer for sure. Best enjoyed with a full bodied cigar. I have one more bottle of last year's left, I'm hanging onto it until midnight on October 30th.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Sippn' beer for sure. Best enjoyed with a full bodied cigar. I have one more bottle of last year's left, I'm hanging onto it until midnight on October 30th.

It paired well with the cigar I had. I always sip my beers and enjoy them. There is no rush to them. I enjoyed samaels and every Avery big beers. I hope I can get my hands on some rumpkin this year because I loved uncle jacobs stout and can't wait for them to announce the third in the series. I bought one of this years samaels today and probably grab another along with the beast to store and have later on.

WesleyS said:
Yeah, I don't think I "got" what they were going for. To be fair, though, that was six years and many, many beers ago and my tastes have evolved since then. We probably should've held on to it for a bit instead of drinking it shortly after purchase. I would probably age it if I bought it again.

I say pick up another bottle and have it later on and see what you think about it. It's a decent barelywine and I don't drink them that often.

I'm sitting at a hotel in a small Oklahoma town, drinking a Dos Equis Amber. Too bad their liquor store doesn't have good beer, I was hoping for at least a Sam Adams today.

I'm sitting at a hotel in a small Oklahoma town, drinking a Dos Equis Amber. Too bad their liquor store doesn't have good beer, I was hoping for at least a Sam Adams today.

The good news is that you're macking the same beer as the most interesting man in the world.

It's a decent vienna lager, anyway.

I, on the other hand, started with a coconut porter, then a gin & tonic, then some mixed drink that I made up...now I'm cracking a mead.

Chainbreaker from Deschutes. Meh, didn't meet the hype, but the hops and yeast are perfectly balanced.

It's pretty damn good. Maybe a little cleaner than in years past. The Simcoe is slightly more prominent.

Nice. I loved last year's. Widmer's makes such a good example of the west coast red ale. I really dig how the hops play off the sweet malt flavors... my wife describes it as "hop candy". If it's anything like last year's Brrr, mark me down for a few cases!! :mug:

HPIM1081.jpg
Washin' down a Piñar Del Rio 1878 Capa Maduro with a pint o' bitter. This one's quite hoppy (and American) for the style, but a d@mn good beer.

A couple of oasis from tall grass and a milk stout I made a couple of months ago. Milk stout turned out awesome, turns out a little raw vanilla in the secondary equals awesome panty remover. :)

Octoberfest beers right now.

In the can: Revolution's Oktoberfest
On tap: Spaten Octoberfest
Home Brew: Just bottled my White House Honey Ale last night, I call it Baracktoberfest.

Back