What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cape Ann Fisherman IPA, while brewing a Belgian Stout

image-491845873.jpg

The Stoic - Deschutes Brewery, Bend OR

Holy crap! there is a lot goin on in here. A strong belgian quad with a distinct sour note to it. If you love sours and belgian ales like I do, go find this and buy it

IMG_0408[1].jpg

My saison which i have hated before.Down to 2 left and im just thinking for some reason i bought a 4 pack of SN seasonal "ovila dubble" even remembering i didnt like it last year which i thought i read they changed it. I still dindt like it and i actually like my saison alot more(mine was all over the place).Its similar but mine is tastier with more ripe fruit with less spicy clove dry astringency.Maybe i should just age SN longer? im not getting their ovila series.American versions of belgians have not been my thing for the most part.I love some good belgians,but all these"american" belgian's(mostly ipa;s) seem a bit awkward.Ive only thought a few were ok.Just my opinion i guess,many people seem to like them-have at.Too bad i only have one saison left and 3 SN ovila dubble's left.:confused:Maybe im due for and american/belgian intervention. ?

blending the bottoms of two kegs ,same recipe brewed a month apart
different tastes one dry hopped the other not
(making one better by blending):mug:

O'fallons hemp hop rye ale and its actually has a lot less bite than expected with a smooth finish

mandis8 said:
Southern Tier Imperial Choklat Stout...wow this is good

That's an epic beer! I've got one from a year or so ago (drank the other two), usually pretty toasted by the end of the bottle.

North coast Old stock 2012.Im thinking im tryin my juniper pale ale next.Maybe a little too numb from the old stock,to appreciate or criticize(?) it, ehh screw it life is short.Although im making it shorter. throat gulp~~~~~~ just tried the juniper,one of my favorates i highly recommend try brewing a juniper pale ale.Mines peak junipery but will fade im shure and condion well its only been 2 wks bottled-makes me appreciate and know juniper though.Damn,almost better than hop aroma.differnet but similar than hops.

Sipping at a slightly undercarbed sample of my whiskey stout, hoping it finishes carbing up soon so I can enter it in a local competition. Bulk aged for 1 year in a Jack Daniels barrel sitting atop ALOT of gentleman jack. Got some great mellow roasty flavors going on with plenty of beautiful whiskey/oak scents.

Thinking I got me a winner here, would really like to see what the local brewery can do to replicate it if I end up winning the contest.

Back