What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black Raven Totem Pale Ale.

Best beer on the planet!

Dude I love Black Raven...can't wait to get up to Redmond to check out the real deal. I had their Bourbon Barrel Aged Scotch Ale a couple months ago at a competition that blew my mind.

My IBA,couldnt be happier-might be one of the best ive had,the color was dark with a big red hue,i could actually see the clarity,i even added steeped more black malt at bottleing because i thought it was just too brown or light.Can you get it pure black with just more black malt?Dont mind the color or clarity but how do you get pitch black?

My IBA,couldnt be happier-might be one of the best ive had,the color was dark with a big red hue,i could actually see the clarity,i even added steeped more black malt at bottleing because i thought it was just too brown or light.Can you get it pure black with just more black malt?Dont mind the color or clarity but how do you get pitch black?

Go for Carafa Special instead of black malt. It'll add more color without the bitterness/harshness of the black malt. If you really want it absolutely black, add even more carafa at the end of the mash.

Ok thanks,couldnt you do this with black malt?At the end of the mash, or will it sill impart a bitterness? I know there is debittered also but do late additons delete the harsh bitterness?

Yum!

image-2720750375.jpg

SA baltic ipa,really good when your already buzzed,nots so mucha when its your first.No complaints,but again salty as usual.Nice maltiness/+hops.

SN Torpedo and Ruthless Rye while cleaning and sanitizing two kegs which are to be filled later this week!

Good ole classy PBR

Then some Moretti then some homebrews, who knows I'm on my honeymoon

Hebrew IPA,I like alot of medocinos stuff like their oatmeal stout.Jewbelation was pretty nice also.As far as NY goes i havent had many others that were good.Technically that brewery started in Cali though.

First time posting a picture in this thread, but would love to see some more pics from y'all! My Antonia from DFH. Imperial Pilsner. It has a bit more residual sweetness than I would like but the flavor is outstanding. Basically it is a tripel, fermented with lager yeast and hopped like an IPA. But it works!

my antonia.jpg

7C's IIPA. Very tasty. A total of 8 oz of 7C's hop blend into a 5 gallon batch. The picture looks dark, but it is really a nice deep amber color.

7c's.jpg

I'm still working my way through a keg pumpkin ale... brewed it last September and it's still not gone. Finally finished my amber off, though.

SA Longshot - Derf's Secret Alt.

Tastes like a (Not so) Strong Scotch Ale to me. My only real experience with Altbier is Alaskan Amber, a Northern German Altbier - and this is nothing like that. BTW, Scotch Ale is one of my favorite styles, so I like it. However, if someone could explain this, please enlighten me.

My 4 day bottled juniper pale ale,absolutly amazing flatish beer.:eek: I really think a non-beer drinker would love this.First flatish beer i finished without dumping.It was too good. Who isnt tempted to jump the gun,with a first time? Im just glad im able to experinece things still for the first time.Or at least recognize them.Its always nice having something to look forward to also.Creates a good quality of life.Maybe a bit selfish,hmm where is this going?

SA Longshot - Derf's Secret Alt.

Tastes like a (Not so) Strong Scotch Ale to me. My only real experience with Altbier is Alaskan Amber, a Northern German Altbier - and this is nothing like that. BTW, Scotch Ale is one of my favorite styles, so I like it. However, if someone could explain this, please enlighten me.

I had this a couple weeks ago. I wasn't impressed at first, but by the end I appreciated it. I might get it again.

munich/northern brewer SMaSH (riff on anchor steam with cali lager yeast) after 6 days in the bottle and about an hour in the freezer
AWESOME (although a bit green)
lacing's already great
this is going to be a killer brew, and definitely a keeper!

IMG_20120504_004210.jpg

Back