What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spaten Oktoberfest, homebrewed ProtoPorter and homebrewed Shame of Juanita.

Very nice way to end an 8 day work week.

I had a tall Founder's Red RyePA at dinner, and finished the night off with one of my remaining 2009 bottles of Short's Cup o' Joe Cream Stout. Man, it tasted like a slightly sweet, super smooth espresso. Cellaring it worked for sure.

Now I have to convince myself not to slam my last 2 bottles...

Now? Magic Hat's Howl.

But before...Schlafly's Pumpkin, APA, Stout, and Porter. Also a Tallgrass Oasis and a Boulevard Tank 7.

What a crazy night. Bought some stuff for cellaring....4 DFH world wide stouts, 4 nostradamus, 2 Alesmith speedway stouts, 2 old rasputins, 8 Brooklyn monsters, 2 Aventinus and a Chimay premiere

Threw those in the cellar and drank some mad elf, some life and limb, an Alesmith wee heavy, and winding down with a homebrewed cider

I tried some Mad Elf that my wife bought. Whew, just can't stomach that. It's just too sweet. Between the two of us we finished one. Now I'm trying to give it away to anyone willing.

kbuzz said:
Now? Magic Hat's Howl.

But before...Schlafly's Pumpkin, APA, Stout, and Porter. Also a Tallgrass Oasis and a Boulevard Tank 7.

Magic Hat is the only beer I miss from the East Coast....might have to brew some of my own.

Heh, coffee with a dash of coffee liquor and 12 yo aged Rum (it's Sat and the kids are extra whiny today:) ). Had a Deschutes white IPA last night (yummy). My first batch is still in primary, it's a Raspberry Imperial Stout. So far, it is tasting pretty good at 1 week, I'll leave it in another week, then bottle.

Arrogant Bastard Clone
Belgian IPA

Heading to the Liquor Store and here is what's on the list.

Westvleteren 12 Trappist Ale
Pliny the Elder and Younger
Rochefort Trappistes 10
Chimay Grand Reserve
Three Floyds Dreadnaught Imperial IPA
Beall's Hopslam
Hair of the Dog Matt
Stone Runination

Hopefully I can find most of these, if not there are plenty more to choose from.

Arrogant Bastard Clone
Belgian IPA

Heading to the Liquor Store and here is what's on the list.

Westvleteren 12 Trappist Ale
Pliny the Elder and Younger
Rochefort Trappistes 10
Chimay Grand Reserve
Three Floyds Dreadnaught Imperial IPA
Beall's Hopslam
Hair of the Dog Matt
Stone Runination

Hopefully I can find most of these, if not there are plenty more to choose from.

Good luck with that. Westvleteren is only sold at the brewery/abbey in Belgium on appointment. I have seen it for sale in the "grey market" in Amsterdam at a small liquor store for about 12 Euro a bottle. I understand a NYC liquor store may carry it as well. I have three bottles aging in the cellar.

I don't think Russian River distributes to MN (they don't in WI), so you are likely out of luck for Pliny. Three Floyd's is distributed in Wisconsin, but Dreadnaught is hard to find. The only consistent beers you can find are Alpha King, Gumballhead, the Scotch Ale and the Mild. Hopslam I believe is a seasonal and the season has past.

Edit: You shouldn't have a problem finding Rochefort beers. Expect to pay about 5.99/bottle, but it is VERY similar to Westy. In fact, Rochefort workers redesigned Westy's brewing process some years back and gave them their yeast.

I finally got some DFH 60min IPA,but find I like the 90min better. But it's not bad really. Washed it down with some Yuengling traditional lager.

It may have been past it's fresh by date. I got a 6'r of harpoon IPA like that,about a month past. It was betterI thought,since that one had an overpowering grapefruit flavor. The 90 min I get is pretty fresh around here. What you have to understand,it's not straight up sweetness,but Sam's wanting a stronger malt backbone that you're likely tasting.
Most IPA's have no malt flavor to me,making them a bit too dry & sharp tasting.

Brewed an arrogant bastard today and bottled an oatmeal stout so having a 9.5% RIS I made in march with oak and cacao nibs, it's smooth, really smooth.

Now on a double IPA 8.4%, chinook end of boil and amarillo dry hop, fairly bitter, a bit sweet and really good aroma. Only used Maris otter and Munich for malt and it's got really good body and head retention.

Homebrew Macadamia Nut brown. Yum on a cool afternoon. Couple Belgo's left in the fridge that wont make it til tomorrow..

A kolsch sounds great right now. I've had several Baltika 9's tonight, and it's a great little (or big, actually) pilsner. Very tasty!

I just bottled it yesterday, so it'll be a little while. But judging from the pre-bottling sample, it'll be pretty tasty. Oh well. Halfway through a 22 of my RIS, and one or two more and I'll be set for the night.

I've never been impressed by Baltika's beers. But I've never tried #9. There's a Russian store down the block that carries to whole line, so I'll have to give it a shot.

Great Lakes commodore perry.I feel like a failure when i drink beers like these,ha.

Lagunitas "sucks" Holiday Ale. Not bad.

ForumRunner_20111105_195158.jpg

Back