What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Barrel Ale. 12 months in the bourbon barrel done good.View attachment 846727
A man after my own heart. I just bottled an imperial stout that sat for about 7 months on bourbon soaked oak cubes. Its only been in the bottle about 9 days. I’m patiently waiting.

Last edited:
During the work break, I turned one of my old 10-cent homebrew beers into a $1.50 Stachelbier.
20240421_145327.jpg
20240421_145553.jpg

I skipped ahead sorry guys, playing catchup from the weekend... went fishing where there's no service which makes it even better. A few shots and beers from the trip. Me my wife my dad and a close family friend. A creek I've fished since I was a kid and my dad since he was a kid and my grandfather and so on. My favorite place on the planet. 3 days of pure happiness.
View attachment 847003View attachment 847004View attachment 847005View attachment 847006View attachment 847007View attachment 847008View attachment 847009
Troeg’s and Rainbow? Where’d you find Rainbow on this side of the Rockies? There’s some amazing Brown trout south of Gettysburg on the Fishing Creek near Camp David/Thurmont area.

Spent the day driving from Bakersfield, CA, to Paso Robles. Stopped at the truck stop along CA-46 where James Dean made his last fuel stop before heading West (literally and figuratively) before his fatal car crash in the 50s. Spending the night dry camping at Four Sisters winery, courtesy of Harvest Host.

We did a tasting and dropped a couple of bills purchasing wine and other goodies to please SWMBO’d. I settled on a sixer of Firestone Walker Hopnosis, an all-cryo hopped IPA. Very clean WCIPA. Haven’t figured out what hops are in it, but I suspect CTZ and a lot of Citra. The ‘better half’ is enjoying a very nice Cab from the winery.

Life is Good.

IMG_2506.jpeg

Troeg’s and Rainbow? Where’d you find Rainbow on this side of the Rockies? There’s some amazing Brown trout south of Gettysburg on the Fishing Creek near Camp David/Thurmont area.
We fish a small stream in Southern Somerset County, PA. I'm in central PA and a lot of the streams get stocked with rainbow, browns, and the occasional brook.

We fish a small stream in Southern Somerset County, PA. I'm in central PA and a lot of the streams get stocked with rainbow, browns, and the occasional brook.
I remember about 30 years ago somebody thought it would be a ‘great’ idea to stock Hunting Creek with Rainbow trout. When Ike was President, he had loved snagging Browns in the wild, cascading stream when he visited Camp David (named, BTW, for his Grandson David Eisenhower).

A smart naturalist pointed out that the mixed species of Browns and Rainbows would upset the natural balance of the stream, and the plan got axed at the last minute.

There have been quite a number of world leaders who have dipped a line in those waters in the Maryland Catoctin Mountains.

After dinner digestive. Smooth, excellent flavors
My Kung Fu Sifu in California was from Czechoslovakia. He was both a congac and ginsing fan. He told me, when moving to Austin in 1994, to soak a ginsing root in a bottle of congac for 1yr then take 1 shoot before bed once/week. I will not lie, I wouldn't give that concoction to my worst enemy! 🤣 Needless to say, it turned me off to the liquor. Anyway, OT...

PXL_20240422_222136141.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Been a while since I tried starting this bad boy up from cold and dark then hand hand fly from KLAX to KSFO, in VR. This 18% should help! Anyone need a ride? 😏

Brewing question. Anyone ever use Kveik for a big Russian Imperial Stout? Looking at 13%ish. I'm looking at using Lutra for a clean finish but never used it.

PXL_20240422_235655468~2.jpg

Back