What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1000030312.jpg

An unfiltered Helles straight from the Lagerung tank at Private Landbrauerei Schönram.

Maybe I was simply drinking with my eyes, but it did seem much more complex than the filtered counterpart. Too bad they don't offer it commercially :/

I'm not the least bit excited about either of these beers, so it's not like I'm poking my nose into them because I lack self-restraint. Oh, no! These are very, very serious carb checks designed to verify the fact that I kegged these beers yesterday and they're carbonating in a fashion that conforms with expectations.

Who am I fooling? Me wanna wanna!!!!!

First batch of Panther Piss since I've been back.
DC55D9FD-C211-4640-B7EF-90FCB0957195.jpeg

And a ~twenty-five year old APA recipe called CTZ Spotlight which, by the employment of modern brewing methods and dumb luck, accidentally became the first-ever "juicy" beer I've made. It'll be a nice Spring ale.
BE889CBB-8FFB-484F-9FE9-5314256CB01B.jpeg

Stout with coffee, coconut and nutmeg brewed by Twelve Percent in North Haven, CT, for Little House Brewing. Mostly coffee aroma, mostly coconut taste, subtle nutmeg, slightly sweet, full mouth feel, 8%. I like it! Another very good Secret Santa beer from @wepeeler .
View attachment 846324
You had me until you mentioned the nutmeg. Vile weed, scourge of the earth!!

Second pour of Panther Piss, kegged yesterday. It's gin clear, brimming with malt and alive with hops at 18 days old.

You hear that BudMillerCoors?! I came into your house and I beat you at your own game. And my stuff is cheaper than yours!*
D76B009B-10B5-4E67-9A60-FC1ACA081BFF.jpeg

*Well, minus all the years of trial and error and all the hardware I built, then built again, then built again, then built again, then built--for the last damned time! Then built again...and ultimately purchased. Oh, and then all the things I purchased, thinking that they were great, but they turned out to be terrible, so I ended up buying about five of them before I finally found one that actually worked--looking at you big box of lousy pH meters.

The important thing is, with thirty years of brewing under my belt, my stuff tastes far better and it's a mere seventy-five years before I finally break even.

VICTORY!!!!

Totally in a quandary. Sittin’ outside the motor home in an RV “Resort” in the Texas Hill Country, getting ready to grill some ‘cluck’.

SWMBO’d wanted a Pinot Noir, so I pulled out one of the last bottles of a 2020 Sonoma Pinot that I had vinted. It’s quite nice with good structure and smooth tannins which have mellowed nicely.

I’m drinking ’local’ after having visited Willie, Waylon and the Boys at Luckenbach, TX, a mere 1.2 miles from our ‘Glamp-site.’ Shiner Bock or Lone Star. I find myself on the long horn of a dilemma. Guess I’ll have both.

IMG_2357.jpeg

Totally in a quandary. Sittin’ outside the motor home in an RV “Resort” in the Texas Hill Country, getting ready to grill some ‘cluck’.

SWMBO’d wanted a Pinot Noir, so I pulled out one of the last bottles of a 2020 Sonoma Pinot that I had vinted. It’s quite nice with good structure and smooth tannins which have mellowed nicely.

I’m drinking ’local’ after having visited Willie, Waylon and the Boys at Luckenbach, TX, a mere 1.2 miles from our ‘Glamp-site.’ Shiner Bock or Lone Star. I find myself on the long horn of a dilemma. Guess I’ll have both.

View attachment 846327
There are better "locals"..much better..in the hill country, depending on your beer style.

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

PXL_20240412_012757943.PORTRAIT.jpg

I don't know if that this Japanese model but my neighbor bought one. They look the same to the uninitiated.

View attachment 846332View attachment 846334
I could be wrong, but I believe that's a Toyota Century. I've worked on several Rolls Royces, as many Bentleys, McLarens are blah, blah to me, Ferraris are even less notable--aside from their D-bag owners. Porsche? We're talking S-tier, go back where you belong.

I've never seen a Century in the flesh, much less had the chance to write on one.

That's a legit cool car in a world filled with over-sized D-bag mobiles. That's a no BS cool car.

A great car, but hardly a Miata.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I believe that's a Toyota Century. I've worked on several Rolls Royces, as many Bentleys, McLarens are blah, blah to me, Ferraris are even less notable--aside from their D-bag owners. I've never seen a Century in the flesh, much less had the chance to write on one.

That's a legit cool car in a world filled with over-sized D-bag mobiles. That's a no BS cool car.

That said, it's no Miata.
He was excited to locate it and treats it like a baby bird.

He was excited to locate it and treats it like a baby bird.
Indeed, he should. It's quite a nice car. Even better, it's the ultimate Q-ship. Those that know, know.

That said, when he needs to do a head gasket on that magnificent V-12 (and it's coming, Toyota or not)... lol.

Last edited:
There are better "locals"..much better..in the hill country, depending on your beer style.

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

View attachment 846338
Oh yeah. I don't think I could throw a rock and not find a great brewery around here. I was really quite impressed with Jester King, recommended by a friend of my daughter and her husband, who knows the fellows who started it. The only downside was that many of their selections were sold out from the crowds that showed up for the eclipse. We've got a reservation to head back there on Saturday so SWMBO'd can do her Goat Yoga. I hope to tour the brewery with the founder if he's not too busy with the weekend brew day as they try to restock the depleted supply line. Maybe I can even get a recipe or two :bigmug:. They really got drained on the 8th. Huge crowds of folks headed to the Hill Country.

Oh yeah. I don't think I could throw a rock and not find a great brewery around here. I was really quite impressed with Jester King, recommended by a friend of my daughter and her husband, who knows the fellows who started it. The only downside was that many of their selections were sold out from the crowds that showed up for the eclipse. We've got a reservation to head back there on Saturday so SWMBO'd can do her Goat Yoga. I hope to tour the brewery with the founder if he's not too busy with the weekend brew day as they try to restock the depleted supply line. Maybe I can even get a recipe or two :bigmug:. They really got drained on the 8th. Huge crowds of folks headed to the Hill Country.
A lot of their sours are sold at our local store HEB or Spec's of you're around one.

I only have to continue repairing a toxic gas bottle panel tomorrow so what's another high potent drink. Not my best batch. Kinda done in a rush before wife's surgery.

PXL_20240412_024918429.jpg

HB Christmas beer, Anchor OSA clone attempt. Not really the time but wanted to finish it up and be done with it. Wyeast 2565 Kolsch for brew early next week

View attachment 846383
Speaking of Kolsch and glasses, anybody got a line on where I could purchase some Stange glasses? Can’t seem to find any on the ‘Inner Webs’ at the usual sources. It just doesn’t feel right to drink my Kolsch out of a Pilsner or Nonic glass.

Back