What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're going down to the Cote d'Azur, there's a neat little absinthe museum in Antibes. They serve up several absinthes at their bar in the cellar.
Antibes sounds good but probably not. We are going to visit Corsica with a sister in law. And I have several different pastis varieties in my liquor cabinet-Ricard, Pernod, Berger Blanc, and some cheap stuff just called Pastis 45(I think)

Who doesn't love working on walls that aren't square and plum? Luckily we have technology for gaps...

PXL_20240212_202434909.PORTRAIT.jpg

Having a nice nitro stout.

View attachment 841648
In an hour or so my wife and I are going to a local bar/restaurant/pool hall/t-shirt shop/head shop (all in one), as they just put a keg of LHMS on tap. Ordinary I'd grab a pint, but they also just put a keg of Pliny the Younger on tap, that's what's drawing me there this time.

In an hour or so my wife and I are going to a local bar/restaurant/pool hall/t-shirt shop/head shop (all in one), as they just put a keg of LHMS on tap. Ordinary I'd grab a pint, but they also just put a keg of Pliny the Younger on tap, that's what's drawing me there this time.

old-el-paso-taco-girl.jpg

A little earlier today, SN hazy IPA as I step outside my normal beer drinking. It's not bad... grapefruit, citrus, full body, low bitterness, definitely coats the palate but doesn't last too long. I gave a taste to my DIL who is not a beer drinker at all. Her reaction was a little happy dance, saying "It smells like Fanta! I could drink this!" Not sure what that says for this brew.🤔 Not really what I look for in a beer.
IMG_20240212_181308504.jpg

The Alabama beer scene is much better because of y'all's work. Thank you!
5 Points was a mecca for me in 1975. It obviously was nothing like today's beer scene but even back then it had a very different vibe from the rest of my travels in the Birmingham area. Almost cosmopolitan on a local level. Lots of great music to hear down there. And a more relaxed racial mix than some other places I spent time in.

If you're going down to the Cote d'Azur, there's a neat little absinthe museum in Antibes. They serve up several absinthes at their bar in the cellar.
I just noticed you mentioned absinthe not pastis. Modern French absinthe was recreated in a town 30 minutes from where we live, but I rarely see any offered.

I just noticed you mentioned absinthe not pastis. Modern French absinthe was recreated in a town 30 minutes from where we live, but I rarely see any offered.

I have a few absinthes in my cabinet. Lucid, which is so-so, Kubler (blanc), and Mansinthe (Marilyn Manson's brand, which is no longer in production). The Kubler and Mansinthe are quite good.

I haven't had any in a while. Maybe have a couple this weekend.

From America's oldest brewery. Tastes good!
View attachment 841718
My wife grew up in Pottsville, we live about an hour from there and I couldn't tell ya the last time I had one. Though we had some lord chesterfield last week. It was a regular beer for me in my younger days, yuengs and wings, great combo.

I have a few absinthes in my cabinet. Lucid, which is so-so, Kubler (blanc), and Mansinthe (Marilyn Manson's brand, which is no longer in production). The Kubler and Mansinthe are quite good.

I haven't had any in a while. Maybe have a couple this weekend.
I'll be in France 2 weeks from tomorrow, I'll have to track some down.

Back