What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee. Nice out but the wind is a bit chilly. I want yesterday's weather back :(

Oh, and I think you already realize @RevKev but ambien is evil - stay away from that (made an old boss psychotic - he'd send whacko emails in the middle of the night and have no recollection!)

Coffee.

Daugther spilled in the driveway this morning and had bloody lips and blood in her mouth. After cleaning her up and icing her face, I came outside and noticed that there was a cop car with its lights on. I then realized that someone crashed into a neighbor's parked car. Apparently my day isn't going as bad as other's.

Daugther spilled in the driveway this morning and had bloody lips and blood in her mouth. After cleaning her up and icing her face, I came outside and noticed that there was a cop car with its lights on. I then realized that someone crashed into a neighbor's parked car. Apparently my day isn't going as bad as other's.

Hope she's okay. I only face planted three times this winter so I'm doing better than usual.

More coffee for me as I laugh maniacally on the inside at the hungover engineers cowering in their cubicles.

Coffee. Nice out but the wind is a bit chilly. I want yesterday's weather back :(

Oh, and I think you already realize @RevKev but ambien is evil - stay away from that (made an old boss psychotic - he'd send whacko emails in the middle of the night and have no recollection!)

My wife had a bout with Ambien, I drew the line when she was staring at two (2) beavers on our dining room table.

On the green tea booch this morning. Already pulled a batch to refrigerate, after bottling a single tester with 1/2T. sugar. Replaced with 1/2 green tea and 1/2 Earl Grey...because I ran out of green tea. What the heck...giving it a try. Just finishing my glass of booch...about to make my first quaffi of the day. With Truvia and organic half'n'half from grass-fed cows. I don't get grass in the aroma OR the finish. Maybe if they dry grassed it....

@SupervisingChildren Sorry to hear about the kid's spill. Hope all is well. Glad it wasn't your car that got smacked!

Rumor has it that both Murray and his wife are flying in today. Same rumor says he is signing a contract today.

The only way that makes sense is if he trades him or someone else away. The whole "reason" Chip said he traded McCoy was money. Murray is gonna get paid just as much, if not more, than McCoy. And with already signing Mathews plus having Sproles and Polk, it doesnt make sense if he keeps all 4 backs. Who knows though, maybe he wants a 3 star running back system. It worked in Miami a long time ago. If anything, Chip is making things interesting in the first couple days of FA haha.

The only way that makes sense is if he trades him or someone else away. The whole "reason" Chip said he traded McCoy was money. Murray is gonna get paid just as much, if not more, than McCoy. And with already signing Mathews plus having Sproles and Polk, it doesnt make sense if he keeps all 4 backs. Who knows though, maybe he wants a 3 star running back system. It worked in Miami a long time ago. If anything, Chip is making things interesting in the first couple days of FA haha.

The most important take away from that signing if and when it happens is we will of effectively screwed Dallas.

Hope she's okay. I only face planted three times this winter so I'm doing better than usual.

More coffee for me as I laugh maniacally on the inside at the hungover engineers cowering in their cubicles.

I guess you confirmed their amateur status last night? ;)

More coffee - what a cluster**** with work already...

She's a tough little thing, so I'm sure she'll be fine. Gotta laugh when everyone else is hungover but thanks to this thread, your tolerance is enough to be functional
today haha.

@SupervisingChildren Sorry to hear about the kid's spill. Hope all is well. Glad it wasn't your car that got smacked!

She should be good to go. Kids bounce back quick. I'd probably just lay on the driveway in my own blood and take the day off from work haha. I'm glad that I park in my driveway!

On the green tea booch this morning. Already pulled a batch to refrigerate, after bottling a single tester with 1/2T. sugar. Replaced with 1/2 green tea and 1/2 Earl Grey...because I ran out of green tea. What the heck...giving it a try. Just finishing my glass of booch...about to make my first quaffi of the day. With Truvia and organic half'n'half from grass-fed cows. I don't get grass in the aroma OR the finish. Maybe if they dry grassed it....

Careful with the Earl Grey. I've read that the added oils/flavorings can have a negative impact on the health of the culture.

I guess you confirmed their amateur status last night? ;)

Thinking their wives don't let them out of the house much or something. They were surprisingly not talking about work, but they were throwing back Coors banquet beer. The place we went to, recently opened, had multiple beers from local breweries. They even had a few that are local and on tap only. So I caught some flak for drinking ''fancy'' beers each time I ordered something, but was invited to one guys house to give him and his wife some design advice :eek:

You need about 14 hours afore hand ... :beard:

My wife had a bout with Ambien, I drew the line when she was staring at two (2) beavers on our dining room table.

Careful with the Earl Grey. I've read that the added oils/flavorings can have a negative impact on the health of the culture.

Really? I like earl grey a lot.

Sprite. It took the floccin' doctor's office over an hour to run labs and update a list of prescriptions I've had over the past year. I timed it, I spent 30 minutes with staff and 70 minutes waiting in between the doctor coming, the doctor going, getting a shot, getting labs, and taking a survey. I'm tired.

Really? I like earl grey a lot.

I've seen mixed opinions on using it in booch, but it seems generally best to stick to non-flavored teas.

I don't really like the way Earl Grey tastes anyway, so I've stuck to English Breakfast if I'm using black tea. I've been using primarily green tea and yerba mate though.

This sounds absurd and scary.

Well I will admit, I used this to my advantage a few time.

Wife: "What is this $250 charge form the account?"

Me: " I told you about that the other night."

I did have a dream were she stabbed me in my sleep due to some Ambien induced hallucinations.

Whoa, what happened?

My 4 month old was having trouble breathing. Took him to the ER and it turns out he has a respiratory virus. To us it would just be a cold, but it's more serious in babies. He did this 2 weeks ago and it turned out to be bronchitis, pneumonia, RSV, and rhinovirus. And they are afraid his brain started swelling so they are pumping him full of antibiotics. He's in the PICU, stable, and in good condition. Momma is with him and I'm at home with our 2 year old because children under 12 aren't allowed in the PICU.

Having some ice tea with an early lunch.

My 4 month old was having trouble breathing. Took him to the ER and it turns out he has a respiratory virus. To us it would just be a cold, but it's more serious in babies. He did this 2 weeks ago and it turned out to be bronchitis, pneumonia, RSV, and rhinovirus. And they are afraid his brain started swelling so they are pumping him full of antibiotics. He's in the PICU, stable, and in good condition. Momma is with him and I'm at home with our 2 year old because children under 12 aren't allowed in the PICU.

Dang man I hope everything turns out ok. I hate when kids get sick.

Hope that little guy gets well soon.

My 2 year old is on week 3 of extreme crud lung... they said it wasn't bronchitis or anything else yet, but I have my doubts.

Oh well, she gets her shots today and we'll see what's going on.

Best of luck - hope he rebounds quickly!

hope the little one is doing ok. Cant imagine how it feels.

Hope the little guy bounces back fast!

More gourmet coffee.

Sending well wishes.

More coffee.

Sorry to hear that. I hope for a speedy recovery.

Holy mackerel! That is a lot. I really hope that your son recovers quickly.

I have asthma so the second I get a cold I'm toast in terms of breathing. I just got a weird pneumonia shot today. Not sure why except my doctor suggested it since I have had two colds in 6 months which is a lot since I've only had 3 in the 5 years prior. I figured it couldn't hurt and I don't need another until I'm 65...which is next year. :D

I was just sent registration info for a competition that is happening, and I have a beer that could be entered. I've never entered anything, just wondering if it would be worth it or just be embarrassing. Anyone have any thoughts on competitions like these?

I was just sent registration info for a competition that is happening, and I have a beer that could be entered. I've never entered anything, just wondering if it would be worth it or just be embarrassing. Anyone have any thoughts on competitions like these?

Its normally more beneficial than not. The reason I entered my first comp was to get feedback on a few beers I didnt think turned out well. I got good feedback on what the off flavors were and was then able to focus on ways to reduce those flaws.

Its normally more beneficial than not. The reason I entered my first comp was to get feedback on a few beers I didnt think turned out well. I got good feedback on what the off flavors were and was then able to focus on ways to reduce those flaws.

I see. I just didn't know about this competition, I think it is actually this weekend. The drop off deadline is Saturday but I could drop it off even today or tomorrow. It's just without knowing about it, I didn't plan to make one with it in mind so all I have is an underwhelming APA. Just have a feeling it would be a laughable event when they got to mine.

Latest posts

Back