What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
more HB.

IMG_20150208_224917.jpg

Putting some Old Chub in my mouth while watching the ipa I brewed yesterday fermenting with wlp644. I don't think I have ever had an airlock bubble this fast before... It smells like citrus and pineapple and I can't wait for it to finish.

Sipping on a 2013 Firestone Parabola while watching the starter of Wyeast 3711/3724 I made earlier whirl away on the stirplate and thinking about the IPA I need to start cold crashing tomorrow.

Got drunk and made purchases. Brewhardware.com is the real winner tonight, stilldragon got some off of me to. Camlocks, keggle hardware, a chugger, ssr's, other fittings, hundred bucks in tubing, bunch of hops, some otter, the only thing I didn't buy was the elements because I made my purchases from other vendors first before discovering that the amazon vendors don't combine shipping. Need to go back and just get those from brewhardware as well. I am going to bed before tonight gets more expensive.

Drinking water, cause I need it.

Late night snack of popcorn (popped old school) and water. Going to be a short night before the kids are up.

Cat got run over. Just buried him. ****. Having a dirty bastard in his memory.
that sucks man. I'm sorry to hear that.

So, I see you like your own Instagram photos. So lame. :p If you want to follow a real account, look up @theemptypint.

Drinking water, no beer tonight. Although I could use a few. Had a few places to be and a (dry) going away party. And my one and only crown came out earlier. Stupid thing has been in there for 17 years and chewing a freakin starburst candy pulls it out. Starting to look like BK over here. ;)

smile pretty for the camera!

0605090842.jpg

So, I see you like your own Instagram photos. So lame. :p If you want to follow a real account, look up @theemptypint.

Drinking water, no beer tonight. Although I could use a few. Had a few places to be and a (dry) going away party. And my one and only crown came out earlier. Stupid thing has been in there for 17 years and chewing a freakin starburst candy pulls it out. Starting to look like BK over here. ;)

I just added you on Instagram wes and coldcrash....I'm sure you've got some delightful photos over on Instagramland

Putting some Old Chub in my mouth while watching the ipa I brewed yesterday fermenting with wlp644. I don't think I have ever had an airlock bubble this fast before... It smells like citrus and pineapple and I can't wait for it to finish.
That sounds delightful. The yeast is intended to have citrus notes or was it your recipe?

Got drunk and made purchases. Brewhardware.com is the real winner tonight, stilldragon got some off of me to. Camlocks, keggle hardware, a chugger, ssr's, other fittings, hundred bucks in tubing, bunch of hops, some otter, the only thing I didn't buy was the elements because I made my purchases from other vendors first before discovering that the amazon vendors don't combine shipping. Need to go back and just get those from brewhardware as well. I am going to bed before tonight gets more expensive.

Drinking water, cause I need it.
haha I do that too. Are you moving to all electric? Automated?

Coffee & water. I need to get going today, so much work to do.

That sounds delightful. The yeast is intended to have citrus notes or was it your recipe?

haha I do that too. Are you moving to all electric? Automated?

Coffee & water. I need to get going today, so much work to do.

No automation but an all electric three vessel with a pump. I like batch sparging and I like my brewing being hands on. The pump might have had more to do with my alcohol intake than my needs but as I move to ten gallon batches I think it will come in handy and save my back. I have been brewing inside on an electric stove for a long time, just want it to be faster like propane but still inside. I like the idea of a recirculating mash with temp control being part of my not too distant future as well.

Water. Not ready for the work week.

The citrus came mostly from hop bursting with citra, but the yeast is super fruity too. The yeast is labeled as Brett but there is controversy regarding it. Several people have been studying and sequenced the strain saying it is actually sacc, White Labs is currently checking into this. I don't care if it is brett or sacc that acts like brett, it's my favorite yeast to use for IPA

Water.

Attempting to start this week with a more positive attitude.

@supervisingchildren - You get that snowblower fixed up?

The citrus came mostly from hop bursting with citra, but the yeast is super fruity too. The yeast is labeled as Brett but there is controversy regarding it. Several people have been studying and sequenced the strain saying it is actually sacc, White Labs is currently checking into this. I don't care if it is brett or sacc that acts like brett, it's my favorite yeast to use for IPA
The only reason I'd want a definite on whether it is brett is to ensure I am using equipment for a sour versus anything else. That does sound like a great IPA.
Water.

Attempting to start this week with a more positive attitude.

@supervisingchildren - You get that snowblower fixed up?
Did you brew? Are you feeling better?

@water.

I'm assuming you're hbandy? I followed back.

Looks like you didn't overcook it this time.

Never happens here at my house.

@coldcrash likes it well-done so I can't hate on him.

Surprised you aren't already brewing.

More coffee. Is it Friday yet?! :(

I need a keg to kick so I can keg a cream ale and free-up a primary. Might put the gallon or so I have left into flip-top howlers and keg the cream ale today. I have a spare keg but that's for the nitro setup I'm installing on the freezer side of the fridge later this week.

Back