What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beer is what's for breakfast here. First time, long time. First taste of it, been wanting to try it for a long time.

1410018084309.jpg

Water. Changed an inner tube on my son's bike, patched the hole in the flat one to keep as an emergency spare and then harvested my hops. Centennials came up with a goose egg; almost 4 oz. of Nugget and almost 1/2 pound of Cascade. For first year hops I'll take it (but will definitely replant the Centennial if they don't produce next year.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410017962.563459.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410018010.370353.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410018040.339782.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410018055.360918.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410018065.759638.jpg

Now that it's getting into the heat of the day I'll start on the grass. :drunk:

Slept in a little this morning. Went to check out a local farmers market...evidently about done for the season. Big disappointment. Back home with coffee and heated up leftover keibasa and kraut from last night.

Just spotted a little while ago that I crashed late last night (this morning) and left half my Tepache Shandy sitting on the table. It was really good...pained me to pour it out!!!

It's unreal. two in a row that I get about 6 oz from. Smells awful but taste great. Not sure if that is par for this brew or not.

I have 4 bottle of Colette left thinking about trying to harvest the yeast. Is this a Worth while endeavour?

That depends on how you feel about bottle bombs.

Having a shot of Colette.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Harvesting yeast doesn't mean it'll be a bottle bomb. Sounds like yours may be infected but his aren't. Not sure.

Water. Mowing the lawn and dying in the heat.

ahhh! football (handegg), where a bunch of big sweaty guys in spandex try jump on each other and grab each other then all shower together afterwards.

more coffee.

That depends on how you feel about bottle bombs.

Having a shot of Colette.

Harvesting yeast doesn't mean it'll be a bottle bomb. Sounds like yours may be infected but his aren't. Not sure.

Water. Mowing the lawn and dying in the heat.

I have drank a couple cases of Colette this year and have never had an issue with gushers. I have never harvested yeast from a bottle and not sure if it's worth it given that it's a blend of 4 Belgian yeast strains. Would I end up with a yeast that has the same proportions of each strain? I doubt it.

I was really just making a joke. I think I need to move on to something more exciting to drink but less exciting to open. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410021490.322977.jpg

[cough, cough]

EDIT: your D looks like dried up dog poopy.

No comment haha its alright though. We need to be tested like this to prep for auburn. They will punch us in the mouth but we have to learn to punch right back.

Ducheese de bourgogne now. Delicious!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410024040.605358.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410024070.428161.jpg

Please forgive the covered legs. I know we don't normally do that kind of thing here but I wrench on a gravel driveway.

View attachment 222378

Please forgive the covered legs. I know we don't normally do that kind of thing here but I wrench on a gravel driveway.

Don't want to alarm you but your Chub is showing.

Coke. I need to keep it under control today...I have a bad track record at family weddings and I am determined not to overdo it tonight.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410024390.329228.jpg
Really Rockets? Down 2 scores with First and goal and you end up going backwards and getting no points? Game over no upset today.

Chocolate oak aged yeti. Temp dropped since a storm last night so I'm feeling a little stout season opener.
Gotta finish cleaning up the house and start figuring out my recipe for a iipa. Brewing later while the family goes out to the movies. :D

1410025070427.jpg

Chocolate oak aged yeti. Temp dropped since a storm last night so I'm feeling a little stout season opener.
Gotta finish cleaning up the house and start figuring out my recipe for a iipa. Brewing later while the family goes out to the movies. :D

That happened yesterday morninf, its so nice out now!!

Here too. 96F yesterday and a big storm last night. Now it's about 75F and beautiful.

Same here it was quite the light show last night 20 degree difference in the temperature today

Latest posts

Back