What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After sawing and splitting wood by-hand for two ****ing hours, I need a six-pack. ****.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409263759.622892.jpg

I only ask because in and of itself pumpkin tastes of nothing. Some amount of spices is usually mandatory for pumpkin beer

When you roast it, you'll get more flavor. It's kind of like white bread. Tastes like **** until it's toasted a bit, IMO.

We havent seen you or Norm in the horse head thread yet :D

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/traveling-horse-head-467151/

Just so happens that I am making a slow retreat from deaths doorstep, today is the first day in over a week that I have been able to taste anything. I tried putting it on around the house, but between my mentally challenged cocker spaniel trying to kill me, and my 2yo son screaming at it, I haven't had the chance to take any pics with it yet. I'm trying to make a local brewery run Saturday.

When you roast it, you'll get more flavor. It's kind of like white bread. Tastes like **** until it's toasted a bit, IMO.

Yeah I agree it will add to the flavor but pumpkin is relatively low in sugar and very fibrous it won't sweeten it a lot. I love pumpkin desserts but they require sugar, cream and spices to be edible.

Just so happens that I am making a slow retreat from deaths doorstep, today is the first day in over a week that I have been able to taste anything. I tried putting it on around the house, but between my mentally challenged cocker spaniel trying to kill me, and my 2yo son screaming at it, I haven't had the chance to take any pics with it yet. I'm trying to make a local brewery run Saturday.

Dang, hope everything is alright now. I understand about the dog situation. My friends dog about attacked me when i put it on haha.

Having a small, slightly warm pour of red fuzz and holy hell is it good! What exactly is this again Bill? Great choice btw, cant wait till its chilled all the way and i can demolish it.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409264612.257564.jpg

Yeah I agree it will add to the flavor but pumpkin is relatively low in sugar and very fibrous it won't sweeten it a lot. I love pumpkin desserts but they require sugar, cream and spices to be edible.

Oh you may be right with pumpkin not tasting like anything but I don't care for the spices and most commercial pumpkin beers and I just want to do it as an experiment to see if pumpkin does taste like anything , I've decided to do the roasted technique that Remmy uses and see how it comes out

More stout. It's almost 2 am and one of my dogs has been having diarrhea and needing to go outside every 30 minutes for the entire night. Need to call the vet first thing in the morning.

Oh you may be right with pumpkin not tasting like anything but I don't care for the spices and most commercial pumpkin beers and I just want to do it as an experiment to see if pumpkin does taste like anything , I've decided to do the roasted technique that Remmy uses and see how it comes out

good luck with the brew hope it turns out good

I have both vanilla bean and cocoa nibs soaking in a honey liqueur right now. I opened it the other day and it smells awesome. I like using vodka when soaking for a beer since it really doesn't impart any extra flavor.

Honey liquor sounds awesome. Im probably going with vodka because its neutral. There are already a lot going on in the beer to add more flavor.

Having a gravity sample of apfelwien and about to keg both.

1409266027153.jpg

Getting a ladies number that I failed to the other night, she likes IPA's :) one of these to calm the nerves. 12/27/13. This one is a bit too hot fresh, but with a couple months of age, fantastic! When does FBS come out again?

2uLD7fEN53wXiTmaCVBR64xyHt82NXF5CmgoXUGxcxMD=w886-h589-no

DSC_0740.JPG

Mad Fox Oatmeal Stout, Saison Licht (Petit Saison) and Geordies Brown (English Brown) at the bar earlier. 2 hour convo with my future boss. As in, if the gear was here and ready to go he would hire me now. His words, not mine. But instead waiting and making sure we all get along before making it official. So yeah. I've pretty much got this in the hat.

Waiting on my food amd then I've grabbed some Hanssens Gueuze and Oerbier to celebrate.

Mad Fox Oatmeal Stout, Saison Licht (Petit Saison) and Geordies Brown (English Brown) at the bar earlier. 2 hour convo with my future boss. As in, if the gear was here and ready to go he would hire me now. His words, not mine. But instead waiting and making sure we all get along before making it official. So yeah. I've pretty much got this in the hat.

Waiting on my food amd then I've grabbed some Hanssens Gueuze and Oerbier to celebrate.

Congrats! So this would be a full-time switch?

Congratulations man! That is awesome news. Knew you had that nailed :rockin:

I'll drink to that!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409268413.714285.jpg

bottling root beer scares the hell out of me. I'm always afraid of ending up with bottle bombs. I have 1 keg & picnic faucet set aside for root beer. and hopefully soon a separate line & faucet on my keezer!

I was kind of surprised that the instructions that came with the "Rainbow Flavors" brand of root beer concentrate doesn't caution about overcarbing. It uses a tablespoon of concentrate, 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon yeast (I used Champagne yeast), 2 cups of sugar and a gallon of water. Then it says 3 or 4 days at room temp and then cool dark place for a total of two weeks. Now, why that yeast didn't chew through all that sugar and make a bomb, I have no clue!

Doing a 1/2 and 1/2 Peach-Pineapple Teapache and Diet Mountain Dew...sort of a Georgian Hillbilly in Mexico Shandy. Surprisingly, quite tasty!

DSC05395.jpg

Getting a ladies number that I failed to the other night, she likes IPA's :) one of these to calm the nerves. 12/27/13. This one is a bit too hot fresh, but with a couple months of age, fantastic! When does FBS come out again?

2uLD7fEN53wXiTmaCVBR64xyHt82NXF5CmgoXUGxcxMD=w886-h589-no

DSC_0740.JPG

That must be one really strong beer if it's got you on the floor already.

Water for 12 more hrs.

Lemonade with dinner. No beer for me today.

College football has finally begun.

Congrats! So this would be a full-time switch?

Yessir. I'll be touring with them once all the gear arrives next month, but there's still construction work that needs to be done, so it'll be a while, and he (understandably) doesn't want to pay me to sit around and do nothing in the mean time. So probably a few more paid pilot brew days between now and then.

Congratulations man! That is awesome news. Knew you had that nailed :rockin:

Thanks for keeping the faith :rockin:

I figure when this becomes final I'll have to pull the big guns out of the cellar. I've got a couple year old bottle of Girardin I've been saving for a special occasion, in addition to a few bottles of Westy 12.

In the mean time, these bad boys are good enough (of course, now that I've cracked something from De Dolle you know Gabe is gonna rear his ugly ass head) :mug:

Attachments

• 20140828_192903[1].jpg
    20140828_192903[1].jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 20140828_195136[1].jpg
    20140828_195136[1].jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 66
That must be one really strong beer if it's got you on the floor already.

Water for 12 more hrs.

Never said it had me floored :) Hot = strong alcohol bite/burn... I think FIS has a bit too much when it's fresh, but it's mellowing out as it ages... first beer of the night, now for some homemade bread and butter as long as my dog doesn't steal it from me.

Awesome. What are going to be doing?

Never said it had me floored :) Hot = strong alcohol bite/burn... I think FIS has a bit too much when it's fresh, but it's mellowing out as it ages... first beer of the night, now for some homemade bread and butter as long as my dog doesn't steal it from me.

But the pic was taken on the floor. That's false advertising. :D

Back