What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Green Flash limited White IPA. Surprise yet another hop bo mb at 95 IBUS for a white Ipa, nose also smells like Belgian yeast. They use Simcoe, Amarillo and El Dorado in this one per the bottle. It's tasty I have yet to drink a bad beer by these guys. I also like they will put either the grains or hops on most of their bombers, I like the love they show the HB community.

I usually get mine at cappys and nowhere else because I don't trust any other bottle shop. Cappys (Loveland) moves white rajah like it's water... Never have a problem there, but unfortunately the only way to tell rajahs date is if it's sold in the case, and most places the case box is long gone.

I have to drive 40 minutes to get to a good bottle shop but I don't mind because I like living in a rural setting. If I make the drive like I did today I can pull a 6 pack out of a stack of cases with the bottle date on them. I should have bought a case like I have in the past but I just spent a bunch of $ on fittings for my keggle and 11 gallon brew kettle so I can finally use my chugger pump and don't really want to listen to my wife whining about my my "habits" or my "obsessions" apparently I anything I enjoy is an obsession. ehh maybe it is.:tank:

That cup is awesome lol

Right on. Love Maine, too. Not just the cup. Moosehead style.

Having my brown.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408839459.831605.jpg

Sam Adams Latitude 48 Deconstructed Simcoe IPA.

4 of 6.
The simcoe and mosaic were my favs. The first two bottles of mosaic and simcoe I tried a little of each solo then I mixed both bottles and that was a tasty beer, I'd preferably drop the maltiness a little but gave me a good idea. The others were ho hum, the Zeus is def as described on the bottle very resinous.

The simcoe and mosaic were my favs. The first two bottles of mosaic and simcoe I tried a little of each solo then I mixed both bottles and that was a tasty beer, I'd preferably drop the maltiness a little but gave me a good idea. The others were ho hum, the Zeus is def as described on the bottle very resinous.

I want to live in the Mosaic bottle. I missed out on this the last tome around. So glad I got it this time.

I like that you found a drinking buddy, Remmy! how'd he like the Two Hearted?

I caught about 8 crawfish. They're fun little motherfloccers. Had I caught 30, I would've made a nice soup.

I had caught that sucker on a line - he was eating the worm - and he smiled, so I thought he wanted me to take a picture of him next to my Two Hearted.

It's not that serious. I wouldn't go nuts over it.

I second this. It's good beer if you can get it locally, but I don't find it good enough to make the two hour drive to the nearest package store that has it.

I think this is new because I've only seen it in stores recently, but I'm honestly not sure if it's new or not. Either way it's a pretty good beer. Earthy, spicy hop character, grainy malt with medium-light mouthfeel that finishes on the dry side. I'm not usually a fan of pilsner, at least not ones brewed by US breweries, but this one gets my seal of approval.

_DSC3441.jpg

This is how the night as gone:

1 bottle of KingBrianI's Common Room ESB (brewed my me, only a couple of bottles left, I'll miss it when it's gone)
1 bottle of Peated Vanilla, Molasses and Scotch Porter (given to me by a fellow home brewer)
1 bottle NL Centennial Pale Ale (given to me by the same fellow home brewer, brewed with wild (Cluster?) hops I gave him)
1 glass of Grand Cru International Italian Pinot Grigio (made by me)

There's nothing else in the fridge (that's how I limit myself, I put what I'm allowed to drink for the night in the kitchen fridge) so after the wife calls me from work (nurse on night shift) I'll go to bed.

I second this. It's good beer if you can get it locally, but I don't find it good enough to make the two hour drive to the nearest package store that has it.

Yep. I scooped a 12-pack and wasn't expecting anything outstanding. It was just good lake beer.

Channel66 had sent me the Summer Swelter last year and I wasn't crazy about it. The other beers were average to below-average. I'd put it on-par with Shipyard.

I drank over 40 beers this week. Was smacked each and every damn day it was great. I fished my ass off, too.

Nice glass.

Thanks! Still over 100f here but I'm ready for stout season and happy I can finally use this glass

I haven't had this years, but I have 2 of last years left. I hope Narwhal doesn't start having problems. it seems once they start with a specific beer, they never stop.

It may just be me, I hope so because I have always really liked Narwhal. Have one from last year left too.

Back from watching Doctor Who...not as many people as last year...hosts have brand new baby. He had no commercial beer and HB's were all a couple years old. He said one he tried awhile back tasted sour...I assume, not in a good way. We drank a bomber of Hi-Nelson w/Hibiscus and I had a 12 oz Major Nelson IPA. Pizza, chips and cookies. Kids have friends over for sleepover...ugh. About to grab something from the fridge...anything!

I racked my hard ginger beer through some cheesecloth and into a 1 gallon glass carboy. Stuck a sample in the fridge to chill and see if it clears any. ABV is almost 4%. I'll probably cold crash tomorrow night and bottle Monday.

DSC05359.jpg

****. Turning 21x2 in a few mins.

Why don't I feel twice as good?
Why don't I have twice as many friends celebrating w me?
Why can't I tolerate twice as many shots?

Eh. It's ok. I have two 9 year old boys who are already better men than I've been in 42 years. Plus a wife who loves me in spite of everything.

Still, to be 21 again...

****. Turning 21x2 in a few mins.

Why don't I feel twice as good?
Why don't I have twice as many friends celebrating w me?
Why can't I tolerate twice as many shots?

Eh. It's ok. I have two 9 year old boys who are already better men than I've been in 42 years. Plus a wife who loves me in spite of everything.

Still, to be 21 again...

Hell, I want to be 10 and know what i do now!

While brewing, I've had my own Bells Pale Ale, San Diego Super Pale, Summit Pale, Curieux Clone, Cottage House Saison, Ginger-Hibiscus Saison, and Saison De Noel. Yeah, the ground water temp sucks in the summer.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408850558.741471.jpga little HB saison the perfect nightcap after going to see my buddy play some live music after a year and a half later of rehab from having a building collapse on him trying to rescue our guys after a nasty hotel fire. That day still feels like yesterday but damn I'm glad to be able and share a beer with him today and raise a glass to the four that didn't make it home that day. Gone but never forgotten.

Latest posts

Back