What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second pour. So good.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391742216.154891.jpg

Having a little 100% foraged crabapple home fermented sparkling cider. I call it "Tardis...Bigger on the In-Cider" Awesome clarity, almost Champagne dry, a little tart...and something about crabapple is hard to describe...pepper? It's interesting and has a nice little kick!

IMAG2557.jpg

IMAG2559.jpg

Having a little 100% foraged crabapple home fermented sparkling cider. I call it "Tardis...Bigger on the In-Cider" Awesome clarity, almost Champagne dry, a little tart...and something about crabapple is hard to describe...pepper? It's interesting and has a nice little kick!

That looks good! is it as clear and colorless as it looks?
Night all.

That looks good! is it as clear and colorless as it looks?
Night all.

It has just a little touch of gold...like a white wine and it is very clear. As I recall, I racked it a few times and bottled it at around 1.010...just short of completely fermenting out. A previous batch fermented out to .996 or .998 and was bone dry. Both used Champagne yeast.

Here's the first cider...also champagne yeast. This is the one that fermented out to .996 or .998. This one doesn't have that little crabapple pepper flavor to it and is slightly lower carbed. But very dry, very much like Champagne. I mis-named it a "cyser" before I understood the term correctly. It is, in fact, a sparkling crabapple cider. I called it Sherlock's Cumber, Batch #1. Clear, crisp and constantly rising tiny bubbles. Trying to hold out long enough to toast Jay Leno "Farewell!".

DSC04162.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391745639.679063.jpg

Old forge t-rail pale ale. Pretty good! I pick up a little citrus on it but goes down easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Drake's IPA. Sooo good! Love this stuff

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391749595.395383.jpg

Well, thank goodness SWMBO is asleep, or I would be getting busted for continuing to crack open new brews after midnight! Having a nut brown HB. I guess I need to get some commercial stuff to brag about.

DSC04163.jpg

Well, thank goodness SWMBO is asleep, or I would be getting busted for continuing to crack open new brews after midnight! Having a nut brown HB. I guess I need to get some commercial stuff to brag about.

Damn. Must blow to have a curfew lol. Having HB coffee brown

Don't judge me...:)

It was left over from Tuesday's party.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391750408.200132.jpg

Plus I'm too drunk to care about taste at this point.

Enjoying a Widmer seasonal "Brrr". Anyone have a recipe to clone this?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Home Brew mobile app

Damn. Must blow to have a curfew lol. Having HB coffee brown

LOL...not so much a curfew as a "Are you drinking ANOTHER beer?! You know, you have to get up in the morning! How many have you HAD?!"

Plus, she would probably point out that so many beers in one night ain't so good for the diabeetus!

Oh look...my glass is empty! Be right back....

LOL...not so much a curfew as a "Are you drinking ANOTHER beer?! You know, you have to get up in the morning! How many have you HAD?!"

Plus, she would probably point out that so many beers in one night ain't so good for the diabeetus!

Oh look...my glass is empty! Be right back....

Ohhhh yeah for sure playing that bad for your health card lol

Aaaaah...that's better! Belgian Strong Dark. Stuck it the freezer to chill it and it made a little Icee in the neck. Oops. But it's good! And a 22 ozer! I think I'll get away from the computer and crash on the couch for this last one. Night all!

DSC04164.jpg

Stone Double Bastard. Regretting not getting a few while I was in Anchorage. Now I'm back in my "damp" bush town, where selection is very (poorly) limited and overpriced. Waiting for my bush order to arrive.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Home Brew mobile app

Back