What are you drinking from..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol-hazza

Reaction score
I had a quick look for this thred because im sure it will exist elsewhere but couldnt see anything. (Searching on the tablet isnt ideal)

Just wondering if anyone has a favourite vessel, be it fancy or plain with a story behind it.....

I picked up this stein last weekend when i was away for the weekend, and think its pretty sweet.

Feel free to share your own or point me in the direction of an existing thread.

image.jpg

I had a quick look for this thred because im sure it will exist elsewhere but couldnt see anything. (Searching on the tablet isnt ideal)

Just wondering if anyone has a favourite vessel, be it fancy or plain with a story behind it.....

I picked up this stein last weekend when i was away for the weekend, and think its pretty sweet.

Feel free to share your own or point me in the direction of an existing thread.

223682d1410610842-what-you-drinking-image.jpg

It's not going to hold nearly as much beer that way.

My goto is a standard English Pub glass

beerglass.jpg

I have a selection (collection?) of glasses. Of course the ubiquitous shaker pints, which are mostly relegated to non-alcoholic uses, or run & Coke etc.
For beer, depending on what day it is, I use mostly my Tulip glasses, with Nonic pint (the above pictured English Pub glass) a couple Chalises and I grabbed a couple of the DFH Speiglau IPA glasses fairly cheap.
IN storage, I probably have one of almost every type of glass, some used some not.
We're moving in the next month, and the new place has a cabinet in what will be the beer room that I plan to have them out for display and use.

First off, I got these glass & pewter steins from Germany on amazon. They have the Bavarian crest on the side & hop bines around the lid.

Then these Libby's craft beer glasses in a 6-glass set at Aldi's for $12.97;

Shaker-style glass from Thirsty Dog with my Maori IPA;

And my Cooper's no-knick pub glass with my ESB;

Just a few of many...

I have a couple regular glasses I use.

Go to is an Imperial (~20 oz) nonic.

I use the Sam Adams Perfect Pint glasses regularly too.

And then my go to stemmed tulip-ish glass for Belgians.

Beyond that, I've got my special glasses. I've got a stange for Kolsch and Altbier, a stein for Oktoberfestbiers, a few different weizen glasses, a big snifter, a couple goblets/chalices, a couple different tulips, a couple pilsner flutes.

And then a whole bunch of shaker and pub pint glasses and a few handled mugs (most of em branded).

20140902_155332.jpg

20140808_171743.jpg

20131013_135739.jpg

20131002_202122.jpg

20131116_214839.jpg

Here's a couple more of mine, first the1L dimpled mug from Oktoberfest I got at Giant Eagle for 5 bucks;

Free Stella chalice with wife's Summer Ale;

Thirsty Dog taster glass with sample of dark hybrid lager;

No pictures but a 1qt. Mason jar right now. . Works great for decanting 22 oz. bottles non stop . Have some pilsner glasses for 12 oz ers and other assorted glasses /mugs and a german stein as well.

Standard pint glass but this one I got from one of the greatest times I've had with good friends. It has also survived many moves and drunken nights! In it is one of my favorite beers of all time.

1410786821078.jpg

Ol-hazza
Interesting article thanks.....

Does gravity affect gravity? Would all beer be lite on the moon?

My wife recently picked up a couple of these for me:

silipint.jpg

Unbreakable, provides a little insulation, etc. Great for parties, trips, or just lounging in the backyard. She originally wanted me to have them for our brewery bus trip that ended up being cancelled. I guess the pint glasses are the consolation prize? :)

Back