What are you brewing this fine sunday?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomtanner

Reaction score
Hello friends,

Today I'm brewing an IPA. Looking to get something with a honey/citrus flavor. Who else is brewing today and what are you making?

My brother and I are planning to bottle out Belgian White today. It's been two weeks in primary (I know, a little on the short side) and our hydrometer readings are fixed at 1.014. I can't wait to get these conditioning and start on a new batch.

I'm brewing a 60 min clone today...yea for the hop head Sunday! How are you doin the honey? I would like to do a hopslam clone soon

i am doing a big, oatmeal foreign extra stout. have amber ale in the primary, and a baltic porter in bottles.

I am planning on brewing an esb this afternoon. Next weekend, though, I will have 5 gal of black ipa to drink. I will also have 5 gal of cascade, orange, corriander pale ready. The week after that, 5 gal of nut brown will be ready. That leads me up to drinking on todays esb. Then the cycle repeats.

im thinking a McTarnahan’s Scottish ale clone from my lhbs but i don't think i have ever tried a Scottish ale they any good?

Brewed a Rauchbier yesterday; the day went really really well and I have high hopes for this beer. Also racked my Schwarzbier to a secondary for dry hopping. Next weekend I will bottle my Dubbel and brew a Belgian golden strong.

Today I will clean bottles, rack a bunch of wine, maybe bottle a white wine, and spend the whole time wondering why I bother with wine anymore.

Hello to everyone on the forums!

An Edme Irish stout (still a beginner this is my second batch). It smells so good already I could drink it right now.

Drinking a youngs bitter from my first kit with a bloody great smile on my face and can't wait to do my third!!

lbaker said:
I'm brewing a 60 min clone today...yea for the hop head Sunday! How are you doin the honey? I would like to do a hopslam clone soon

Nice! Hopslam is kind of what is inspiring me today. I'm getting the honey flavor by steeping 1 pound of honey malt and 12 of crisp Carmel 40 for thirty minutes prior to doing my boil. I'm relying on my hops and 3 oz of sweet orange peel for the citrus flavors. I did a black IPA about 6 weeks ago that I based off of the 60. At some Point I want to try a 90 clone.

Today is prep day and finishing my DIY projects for a midweek boil All Grain Boil of a Nut Brown Ale.

No brewing today. Yesterday I kegged my first attempt at a cloned version of Kansas City Microbrewery's Boulevard American Wheat and the other keg has about half on an English Bitter remaining.

Just finishing my DIY projects of a 48 qt mash tun, keggle, and 50 ft wort chiller also today. I had to delay the project because the neighbors were complaining about the Dremel work around 10 PM last night.

Will likely do a barleywine today after I rack the amber in the primary off the yeast. This will be the conclusion of that yeast cake, so what better way to end it's successful run than with a big barleywine! This will make the ninth and final batch on this cake...talk about getting your money's worth out of one $2 packet! Bottled some IPA yesterday...need to wash bottles in preparation for the amber...

I'm brewing an IPA using my first original recipe. It's also going to be my first time dry hopping. The hops I'm using are centennial, cluster, cascade, willamette and columbus. Hoping to have around 55 IBU and ABV of 9%

This is the first Sunday I havent brewed lately, I am however smoking a few lbs of 2-row to brew up my smoked RyePA in a week or two.

Tomtanner said:
Nice! Hopslam is kind of what is inspiring me today. I'm getting the honey flavor by steeping 1 pound of honey malt and 12 of crisp Carmel 40 for thirty minutes prior to doing my boil. I'm relying on my hops and 3 oz of sweet orange peel for the citrus flavors. I did a black IPA about 6 weeks ago that I based off of the 60. At some Point I want to try a 90 clone.

You and me both! Let me know how it goes with this one!

Morebeer's Belgian Wit. First AG kit I've ever done and I'm not liking it. Nothing seems right (OG estimate, volumes, bitterness, etc.). Winging it to the extent I'm making it a 6 gallon batch instead of the called for 5. Guess that's why I usually just follow recipes instead of kits. (But needed something to save the 10 dollars on 50 deal a few weeks ago, so....)

Hammy71 said:
Morebeer's Belgian Wit. First AG kit I've ever done and I'm not liking it. Nothing seems right (OG estimate, volumes, bitterness, etc.). Winging it to the extent I'm making it a 6 gallon batch instead of the called for 5. Guess that's why I usually just follow recipes instead of kits. (But needed something to save the 10 dollars on 50 deal a few weeks ago, so....)

Well good luck my friend

Brewed AHS' Apocalypso golden ale yesterday. I chose the Nottingham dry yeast option and it's fermenting nicely now. Was my first partial mash, seemed to go OK. I'm already counting the days down to the tasting.

Back