What am I making?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzombiekitty

Reaction score
I've got a variety of random ingredients laying around, so I decided to throw a random recipe together based on what sounded like a good combination with no real specific target style (as I tend to do anyways). For a brew this weekend. Just about everything here, except for the Maris Otter is stuff I have lying around.

So I cobbled this together:

9lb Pale Malt (Maris Otter)
10oz Victory Malt
10oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L
8oz CaraVienne
8oz Munich Malt - 20L

hops

60 mins 1.0 Yakima Goldings pellet 4.2AA
30 mins 0.5 Willamette pellet 5.5AA
10 mins 0.75 Simcoe pellet 13.0AA

yeast
Wyeast American Ale II (1272)

Original Gravity
(1.049 to 1.057)
Final Gravity
(1.012 to 1.015)
Color
12° SRM / 23° EBC
(Copper to Red/Lt. Brown)
Bitterness
31.8 IBU

So what does it look like I'm making? Hopville says it fits an ESB.

+1 APA

I did the same thing Monday night with ingredients I had laying around. Brewed an American Brown Ale. I'll post it in a bit.

with the yeast and that simcoe addition, I would call it a american pale ale.

I wanted to use more of an english yeast, but I already have the American Ale II ready to go because I was supposed to help my room mate brew a Fat Tire clone last weekend. So we got the starter made, and we ended up not being able to brew. Since I won't be around to brew for a few weeks after this weekend, I'm just gonna use it this week rather than have the yeast take up room in the fridge for a month.

Back