WHALES - Uber Rare Retired Glassware Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if uber whaley but I’m a RR homer. Please trade me all your old RR glassware. Here are the two I have and Quint (not pictured).

(Link to media)

nIGehJJ.jpg

RCvzjFX.jpg

Those are great glasses. You should really drink beer out of them. I have the second one, never seen the first in the wild. Picture of my "tion" glass coming soon.

Is this TH Glass particularly rare? I have one and really like, but it seems pretty fragile, so it doesn't get a ton of use.

Not sure. I have 2 and people seem to nerd out about it every time I post it. I know they don't make them anymore, and it seems like a lot of them have broken. I had someone get them from the pub pretty early on. IDK if they ever sold online or anything.

Not sure if these count but

23oz wine glass from Tired Hands
xHQAZ52.jpg

B1 Torst - (not stolen, sent from Joey Pepper before they stopped giving them out)
0gIKjsj.jpg

Believe I got the TH one from Trady for Survivor? It's the believers glass I think? Doesn't seem fragile to me. Use it constantly.

OG De Garde Keepers Society Glass:

48343382_10156491758976208_8155600299000594432_n.jpg

I think I got this from box_social in a LIF wayyyyyy wayyyyy wayyyy long ago. I also think I then passed it on the NAD1983 in early 2017. I gave him some DG glass. Don't quite remember which one. I just use the same few glasses over and over

Believe I got the TH one from Trady for Survivor? It's the believers glass I think? Doesn't seem fragile to me. Use it constantly.
So there were (2) early Tired Hands wine glasses. One that had a big batch produced was extremely thin and they had them for sale at the Cafe for a while, but they were discontinued a few years ago. The one that I sent to you was the OG Believers Club membership glass, which was slight shorter, slightly thicker glass, but I believe only 100 were produced for the original bottle club membership when they first opened.

.rar

So there were (2) early Tired Hands wine glasses. One that had a big batch produced was extremely thin and they had them for sale at the Cafe for a while, but they were discontinued a few years ago. The one that I sent to you was the OG Believers Club membership glass, which was slight shorter, slightly thicker glass, but I believe only 100 were produced for the original bottle club membership when they first opened.

.rar

giphy.gif

Snarf

I think I got this from box_social in a LIF wayyyyyy wayyyyy wayyyy long ago. I also think I then passed it on the NAD1983 in early 2017. I gave him some DG glass. Don't quite remember which one. I just use the same few glasses over and over
It me.

8370705535_3de96261cd_z.jpg

Both versions of the Pretty Things Goblet. As far as I know, the one on the left was only sold at Public House Provisions in 2010.
I’ve put up the one on the right in trade/sell groups off and on over the years with no bites. Glad it didn’t sell.

Continuing with Pretty Things... I haven't seen very many of these Fieldmouse's Farewell glasses floating around.

Hnnnng. There were 100 made and they were sold at a single event in summer 2014. Last I checked it's the only PT glass I don't have (though now that they've got the new spot in Sheffield UK and have already shown off a couple glasses, I think it's time to accept that my completionism on that front finally has to die).

Hnnnng. There were 100 made and they were sold at a single event in summer 2014. Last I checked it's the only PT glass I don't have (though now that they've got the new spot in Sheffield UK and have already shown off a couple glasses, I think it's time to accept that my completionism on that front finally has to die).
Edit, found it. https://www.instagram.com/beerofsmod/

Propered these two last night for the first time in awhile:

39990982983_9d7696022e_c.jpg

How was it? I had a draft pour at a place in Cambridge maybe a year ago and it was an oxidized mess. I was a little surprised they were serving it TBH. Wish that I could check in on a bottle of Jack or Barbapapa but those bottles are long gone.

How was it? I had a draft pour at a place in Cambridge maybe a year ago and it was an oxidized mess. I was a little surprised they were serving it TBH. Wish that I could check in on a bottle of Jack or Barbapapa but those bottles are long gone.

This bottle was great (and given my known bias towards oxidation, I can tag in stupac2 who is not nearly so forgiving) -- biscuity & toasty, complex brown sugar sweetness without being cloying on the back, slight fruit notes. It was the 2015, so the most recent, though I think I have at least one of every year, probably getting to be time to finish those off.

This bottle was great (and given my known bias towards oxidation, I can tag in stupac2 who is not nearly so forgiving) -- biscuity & toasty, complex brown sugar sweetness without being cloying on the back, slight fruit notes. It was the 2015, so the most recent, though I think I have at least one of every year, probably getting to be time to finish those off.
Yeah it was fantastic, definitely not an oxidized mess.

Latest posts

Back