Wet Hop Harvest and pork loin...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodbyebluesky82

Reaction score
Sierra Nevada 2008 Wet Hop Harvest Ale 24 ouncer.
wethop.jpg

The pork loin. Hickory smoked.
porkloin.jpg

The veggies.
theveggies.jpg

The roasted potatoes w/sea salt, herbs, and olive oil.
potatoes.jpg

Sitting down to eat.
thefood.jpg

The wife teasing me about the size of the bottle.
yodrinking.jpg

And for dessert.....
milkstout.jpg

Pork Loin was awesome, veggies were perfect.
The Wet Hop Harvest Ale (4.99 for 24 oz.) is heavy on Centennial and seemed to downplay the Cascades unfortunately, but its probably the most aromatic beer I've ever had. Very impressed. Bursting with 60-65 IBUs of citrusy, piney hop goodness, so overall very good. Lots of foam. Only complaint is that it could have had more malty sweetness, much like its Pale Ale cousin or even the Anniversary Ale.

Duck Rabbit (a micro here in NC) MilkStout was a bit disapointing. Even with the lactose it had more heavily roasted grain and bitter chocolate notes than sweetness and much less body/mouthfeel than I was expecting and hoping for. I had to buy a 6 pack so... tomorrow maybe I'll throw some Irish Cream in and have a real dessert beer!

The potatoes look good, care to share how you do 'em (ie time temp and seasonings)

Don't bother to skin them, just wash 'em well, and chop into chunks.

The seasoning is a blend of salt, oregano, rosemary, orange peel, and dehydrated bell pepper. It stick quite nicely when you toss the potatoes in a bowl with olive oil.

About 45-55 minutes at 350 degrees, more if you like them softer or more browned.

Back