• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

well, not sure how to do this. Keg and Sanke tap? i think never seen one before.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
well, my boss just gave me a kegerator for xmas. complete with coors keg inside, and a tap, and pump thingy.

i'm not even sure how much it's worth, if anyone local, or willing to make the trip to Sierra Vista, AZ. make me an offer. (i'm keeping the fridge! ;))

for got the pic...
anybodywant this stuff.jpg

$40 bucks sound good?

Found yourself a job

LOL, unfortantly not. or i have a hard time calling 2 hours a week even a hobby! i allready have my beloved brew kettle, and prefer 15 gallon plastic buckets for fermenters.

but the boss spent $40 fridge keg and all, and told me if i sell it he wants his $40 back...i thought i could get a kick out of it!

If there are no takers, and there's a beer distributor nearby, you can probably turn it in for whatever their deposit is, usually $50-75. Some beer stores also sell kegs with macro or craft beer and will take back empties for their deposit value.

The tap and party pump likely also have a deposit value on them.

yeah well, being that they sell for $250 on more beer. i'm kinda ecentric and if nobody local wants it. maybe i'll start collecting beer and soda kegs for fun!

(and the fridge didn't work at first, but whipped out my multi meter on the built in temp controller, found out it was dead, hot wired it with my external temp controller, purrin like a champ. and cold. would have bought one anyway for it....all i need now is a short throw projector!)

yeah well, being that they sell for $250 on more beer. i'm kinda ecentric and if nobody local wants it. maybe i'll start collecting beer and soda kegs for fun!
Sanke kegs are much better for keeping beer in and serving from, even for fermenting. They don't have poppets, and a marginal lid closure as corny kegs have.
They're a bit of a pain to clean without a decent cleaning/purging/filling setup.

That keg looks looks pretty clean or even new. Someone should want it.

Someone should want it.

i already took some selfies of myself holding like my avatar. was going to change it out. but decided against it.

personally i look at the thing like a virgin boy with his first woman, wondering what to do with it. but damn, it is pretty, and it makes me feel good. love to give it to a good home.

all I'D need is the 2" -> 3" coupler.....

for me the thing's just sitting in the corner, looking like someone could make good use of it? but would cost a fortune to ship!

thought i'd give this a bump by saying, the party tap and coupler have been taken.

and i never thought it'd be hard to get rid of a 1/2 barrel keg for $40. guess it's the local thing, shipping would probably be more then buying one new though....

and i never thought it'd be hard to get rid of a 1/2 barrel keg for $40. guess it's the local thing, shipping would probably be more then buying one new though....
Are there no beer distributors in your area that would take it for its deposit value? $75 is a nominal rate.
Have you tried CL or some other local online marketplace?

On the other hand, those half barrel Sanke kegs make excellent soleras.
Just remove the spear and stick a bung (with airlock) in it.

Are there no beer distributors in your area that would take it for its deposit value? $75 is a nominal rate.
Have you tried CL or some other local online marketplace?

On the other hand, those half barrel Sanke kegs make excellent soleras.
Just remove the spear and stick a bung (with airlock) in it.

well i just want to give it to a good home the money is just trivial as a joke. but it'd cost over $130 to ship......

well i just want to give it to a good home the money is just trivial as a joke. but it'd cost over $130 to ship......
Shipping kills many good deals, it has to be a pick-up.
Yeah, I know you're rather giving it a good home.
If it's not in your way, hang on to it, it will find its purpose.

Aside from a solera, they make good fermenters too. They're just a b!tch to clean on 1-2 weekly routine basis, without some dedicated equipment, and chemicals.

Back