Well I messed up :-(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesdel

Reaction score
I was checking on my gallon batch tonight when I noticed something. It isnt a gallon it is just three quarts , Which means my 5 gallon batch isnt 5 gallons either. The smaller batches have really slowed down the larger one is still bubling merryaly along . Also it seem it get warmer in my little apartment then I thought while I am gone . So how much do ya think these will affect eveything ??? I am pretty new at this whole thing is why I was wondering . thanks
Jim
:tank:

If you need to top off your 5 gallon, what i did was get another jug of apple juice, set it above my carboy on the counter and start a siphon into a cup. Then i pinched off the tubing up near the top and carefully moved the tube over into the carboy about half way in. Release your pinched finger, and it should siphon into your carboy with no splashing or air additions. Just make sure you stop the siphon the same way and take the tube out before the siphon starts sucking air.

Thanks folks always good to hear I didnt totally mess it up !!! The 3 quart batch has stopped bubbling the air lock so time to do some checking :) wish me luck please !!!

Ok SG was at 1.000 so i racked it to another jug added a bit of apple juice and am waiting :)

Back