Weldless Fittings For Kegs? Not For Me Or My Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thirstyone

Reaction score
I recently decided to finish off my rig with the weldless fittings for the other two kegs. The first kettle I put together leeked some then stopped, and here is why: Look at all the nasty crap that gets into these weldless wanna be's:mad:
wedlessnasty.jpg

In trying to get the other two to seal, it just was a nightmare! So I searched, and found a shop that can handle stainless sanitzed welds. Well currenty they are all awaiting pickup:ban: Will post pics of finished job!

Glad to pick them up!
kegweld.jpg

While at it, I also added a coupler for a 220v 5500 what hot water element. When I get it rigged up, I will awake to water that is ready temp for mashing!
kegweld1.jpg

They really did a good job:mug:
kegweld2.jpg

Im curious can you use silver or does it contaminate also? You can buy it in sticks and braze it on. It has a much higher melting tempature and extremly strong. I work with it all the time with water and gas. but once its on your not getting your fittings off.

Glad it worked out for ya. I have to say, though, that I haven't had any problems whatsoever with my weldless fittings. if that changes, I'll let ya know.

Back