Weldless carbonating lid Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greencon

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I would post a pic of my weldless version of a carbonating lid like the one more beer has.

Carbonator_lid.JPG

Carbonated the beer in about 24 hours or so no need for shaking. So far no leaks.

I'll try but I just started with the main kegging parts and pieced the rest together at the hardware store. I should have recorded the exact details.

Here's what I have:

Corny keg lid
Corny plug adapter (Adventures in Hombrewing)
Corny keg post (you need correct one)
1/4" flare to 1/4" mpt ?
1/4" Hose barb to 1/4" fpt ?
2 Stainless steel washers
o-ring that fits tightly on the mpt
Diffusion stone .5 or 2 micron
Tubing
3/8" drill bit for the hole

Also you need to make sure that you still can get the lid on the keg with the post installed. I went as close as possible to the pressure relief valve on my lid.
Sorry I didn't have some of the exact info, I can look into it if you need me to.
Let me know if you need anything else.

Jeff

Thanks. I may try this. I have not been pleased with force carbing by shaking - and I only have one CO2 tank so it is difficult to keep beer flowing in the refrigerator and start carbing the next keg at the same time. 24 hours would be great.

Why wouldn't you just put the hose on the gas in tube again?

Sorry, I don't use a stone (I'm happy 1-2 days at 30 and dropping to serving), so I don't know if leaving the CO2 stone for serving pressure will affect the carbonation...

Why wouldn't you just put the hose on the gas in tube again?

Sorry, I don't use a stone (I'm happy 1-2 days at 30 and dropping to serving), so I don't know if leaving the CO2 stone for serving pressure will affect the carbonation...

Because you can switch the lid and stone to multiple kegs with the least amount of effort.

Back